Easel and Ink -The Wonderful Art Garden For Muslim Sisters
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What short story do you see in this picture? (look at the picture and follow your imagination...)

4 posters

Go down

What short story do you see in this picture? (look at the picture and follow your imagination...) Empty What short story do you see in this picture? (look at the picture and follow your imagination...)

Post  Guest Mon May 03, 2010 10:24 pm

As salamu alaykum wa RahmatuLlahi wa Barakatuhu dear sisters,

I myself am not a good story writer at all in the English language, maybe because my mother tongue is Dutch, I do not know. I should probably widen my vocabulary a bit more, because I would love to write short stories! Well, a while ago I browsed on a blog (do not remember its name) where the blogger had introduced a fun way of letting people praticipate in writing short stories or just a few lines, when looking at a picture. It was really nice to read the different ways people looked at a picture and then let their imagination run wild by typing it down in words. I see there are some talented sisters here, so I hope you all would love this topic. Administrators, please feel free to (re)move the topic if you feel it does not belong here!!

Well, here comes the first picture... Just write a few lines or a very short story (or poem) about the thoughts you get with the picture. I am so curious what you all will come up with!

What short story do you see in this picture? (look at the picture and follow your imagination...) 1071780_old_travellers_shoes

Wa salamu alaykum,

Back to top Go down

What short story do you see in this picture? (look at the picture and follow your imagination...) Empty Re: What short story do you see in this picture? (look at the picture and follow your imagination...)

Post  Aisha Tue May 04, 2010 12:27 am

As-Salaamu alaikum

walking on cobbled stone roads with old worn shoes = very painful

It seems that the owner of the shoes was desperate to get out of them and i hope that he or she was able to replace them with suitable footwear for the journey home again! blush
Aisha
Aisha
Administrator
Administrator

Registration date : 2008-10-28

Back to top Go down

What short story do you see in this picture? (look at the picture and follow your imagination...) Empty Re: What short story do you see in this picture? (look at the picture and follow your imagination...)

Post  Guest Tue May 04, 2010 2:03 am

As-Salaamu alaikum

Lol sis Aisha, yes the person must have replaced them - that's what I also thought.

This is what came to my mind...

Old Shoes

They served him well for many years, but now there they were left in the gutter, these once so beautiful shoes!
Replaced by new shiny ones they were, that afternoon.
Gone were the comfy oldies!
How many miles had they travelled?
How many roads had they walked?
How many bridges had they crossed?
They brought him everywhere he wanted, but lately they were no good anymore.
When it rained socks soaked up water, because of leaks and holes, but weren't they nice and airy when it was hot and feet tended to become smelly? Ugh!!
You see, they served him well but now they were dumped in the street.
Why did he not just bring them to the cobbler to get new soles?
They would have still served him well and still would have clocked up many more miles to come!
Old shoes rotting away, waiting to be picked up by the street cleaners.
How many miles left unwalked?

Wa salamu alaykum,
Maryam

Back to top Go down

Post  Munaqaba08 Tue May 04, 2010 6:02 am

As-Salaamu alaikum

Jazakillahu Khayr dear sis Maryam! What a wonderful idea!

And sis Aisha...lol...your comment really gave me a good laugh hehe Jazakallahu Khairun .

I'm really interested to see what others write down about this picture insha'Allah. I would like to take some time to type a few words out too insha'Allah. I think I'll re-visit this post insha'Allah. What a wonderful idea masha'Allah. JazakAllahu Khayran again dear sis Maryam.

pinkjewel
Munaqaba08
Munaqaba08
Staff
Staff

Registration date : 2008-10-29

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri May 07, 2010 1:18 pm

As-Salaamu alaikum

The 'story in the picture' idea is really neat, Masha Allah ! Shukran for introducing it Maryam Umm Nuh. smile

I would like to have a go at telling a short, short story:

~Bismillah~

The Old Man and the Shoe
by saara

He had lost count of the days since he had turned to the streets for refuge. No family, no help from anywhere; he was left to fend for himself with the clothes on his back and a pair of rubber slippers on his feet.

Each day he walked less and less as the growing coldness caused his feet to become numb. Sometimes he would look down to see if he still had feet; he certainly couldn't feel them. He didn't know how he would survive the winter with slippers only to wear.

Until he happened upon something lying on the cobbled path of the piazza.

He blinked slowly. He turned away; then looked down again to make sure he was seeing right. The creases on his weather-beaten face grew deeper, his chapped lips slowly widened into a smile to reveal an almost toothless mouth. He bent his weary self and reached out to pick up the worn shoes. They were old as he was tired and worn out.

He was the happiest man that day. And only he and his feet knew why.

~The End~

I hoped you liked it (even though it is sad). It took me a while to decide which point of view to tell the story from: the old shoe (in his good days or after he was abandoned), the person who it once belonged to or the person who found it/wore it after finding it. I am sure there are other perspectives as well. I guess you tell which perspective I chose. wink

Ma'salaama.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri May 07, 2010 8:49 pm

As-Salaamu alaikum

Masha'Allah sister Saara! Your writing is lovely!!!
Thank you for sharing this with us.

Wa salamu alaykum,
Maryam

Back to top Go down

Post  Zaza Fri May 07, 2010 9:45 pm

As-Salaamu alaikum

Masha Allah this is a lovely thread.

I have a permanent writers block but enjoyed reading the responses so far. Shout

barakAllahu feeki sister Maryam for starting it.
Zaza
Zaza
Staff
Staff

Registration date : 2008-10-29

Back to top Go down

Post  Mrs.Adeel Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:49 am

As-Salaamu alaikum

very nice sharing siso :)

Well for me...what comes in my mind is :

A man leaves the world but his footsteps are left to be followed...
Mrs.Adeel
Mrs.Adeel
Getting active
Getting active

Registration date : 2010-06-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down