Easel and Ink -The Wonderful Art Garden For Muslim Sisters
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Graphic Designs with Sumo Paint (post here your designs)

4 posters

Go down

Graphic Designs with Sumo Paint (post here your designs) Empty Graphic Designs with Sumo Paint (post here your designs)

Post  Guest Thu May 06, 2010 1:07 am

As-Salaamu alaikum dear sisters,

I have promoted Sumo Paint elsewhere on the forum, but thought it would be nice to make a topic where we can share our graphic designs which we have made with Sumo Paint. For the ones who haven't used it yet, have a go on: www.sumopaint.com
It is such a great and easy program!

Please share your designs!

I have made a tile design today which I have called: Dutch Delft Blue. (I am a bit nationalistic today, I guess)

"Delftware, or Delft pottery, denotes blue and white pottery made in and around Delft in the Netherlands and the tin-glazed pottery made in the Netherlands from the sixteenth to the eighteenth centuries.

Delftware in the latter sense is a type of pottery in which a white glaze is applied, usually decorated with metal oxides. Delftware includes pottery objects of all descriptions such as plates, ornaments and tiles." (wikipedia)

Graphic Designs with Sumo Paint (post here your designs) Dutch_10

Btw, I have used Photoscape (one other favourite program of mine) to get the stamp border.

And, if your kiddies make nice designs with this program (many kids love playing/designing with this program too), please post them here!

Wa salamu alaykum,
Maryam

Back to top Go down

Graphic Designs with Sumo Paint (post here your designs) Empty Re: Graphic Designs with Sumo Paint (post here your designs)

Post  um-zakaria Thu May 06, 2010 10:18 am

salamu aleykum, pretty-plants

mashAllah sister, a good idea idea ! minipinkflowers
This will motivate me more to use the program sumopaint and ask if i have questions.
One question i have allready in mind is about the layers. I have some problems to paint on different layers. Sometimes when i erase it does not erase anything. And when i open the window for writing letters i can't control the box well, it takes strange forms.

I like very much your design rose , i know what you mean, dutch delft pottery is very well known mashAllah, and very beautyfull. blue_teapot

I made an illustration for the kid's with the du'a when they awake in the morning and now i can't find it...And i forgot the name i gave.
InchAllah , if i have the time i will try something other. Where do you generally save your pictures? pencilcup

salamu aleykum
um-zakaria
um-zakaria
Active Sister
Active Sister

Registration date : 2010-04-26

Back to top Go down

Graphic Designs with Sumo Paint (post here your designs) Empty Re: Graphic Designs with Sumo Paint (post here your designs)

Post  Guest Thu May 06, 2010 10:44 am

As salamu alaykum wa RahmatuLlahi wa Barakatuhu,

Dear sis Um Zakaria, thank you for the lovely comments. I hope you will post your dua poster, when you find it!
About the layers - I tried working with that but I do not get it either.

I found some tutorials on their website:
http://www.sumopaint.com/help/?p=Using Layers
http://www.sumopaint.com/help/?p=Using Layer Effects

Wa salamu alaykum wa RahmatuLlahi wa Barakatuhu,
Maryam

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat May 08, 2010 1:39 am

As salamu alaykum,

Scrabble Card designed with Sumo Paint:

Graphic Designs with Sumo Paint (post here your designs) Scrabble_card

Love, respect and pray for your sister(s) in Islam!

Wa salamu alaykum,
Maryam

Back to top Go down

Post  Zaza Sat May 08, 2010 10:34 am

As-Salaamu alaikum

Masha Allah this is very nice. Love

I did check out this program ... its pretty cool smile

I remember doing something similar in Illustrator or PhotoImpact.

Maybe I will find it some day and share it here. wink
Zaza
Zaza
Staff
Staff

Registration date : 2008-10-29

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon May 10, 2010 12:49 am

Graphic Designs with Sumo Paint (post here your designs) Welcome_in_the_wonderful_art_garden

Over 20 points in one go (scrabble score).....,
now your turn ladies!!

Back to top Go down

Post  um-zakaria Mon May 10, 2010 10:18 am

As-Salaamu alaikum

mashaAllah
you have very good ideas sister !!

When you use a shape , how do you copy it? For me the stemp tool doesn't work, but it must be me who don't know....

In Addition to your photography you are a true graphic designer Masha Allah TabarakAllah!

As-Salaamu alaikum
um-zakaria
um-zakaria
Active Sister
Active Sister

Registration date : 2010-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Amina Al-Bateeka Thu May 13, 2010 10:13 pm

wa alaikumu salam

Ma'shaAllah!! You've done a great job! I know you said to share- but I'm not feeling 'artistic' lately, lol, maybe later, inshaAllah. In the mean time, keep it up. These are great. pompoms Thumbs Up
Amina Al-Bateeka
Amina Al-Bateeka
Active Sister
Active Sister

Registration date : 2008-11-13

Back to top Go down

Post  Mabsoota Fri May 14, 2010 4:58 am

As-Salaamu alaikum

MashaAllah sister, I really love the scrabble designs! InshaAllah I will also try the programe out. Hope fully my girls will be trying it out soon too, and I'll get them to post them in this thread.
Mabsoota
Mabsoota
Staff
Staff

Registration date : 2008-10-29

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down