Easel and Ink -The Wonderful Art Garden For Muslim Sisters
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Of an Old Woman and a Young Woman and a Dua

3 posters

Go down

Of an Old Woman and a Young Woman and a Dua Empty Of an Old Woman and a Young Woman and a Dua

Post  Amina Al-Bateeka Fri Jan 30, 2009 3:50 pm

Asalamu aliakum,

Another fictionalized story wrote a long time ago. I didn't spend time on trying to write it nicely but i wrote it for its moral, :D

Of an Old Woman and a Young Woman

“So what exactly are you trying to tell me?”

“Umm….umm… Well actually, I was trying my best not to actually say it out, but oh well…here it goes. The car ran out of gas.”

“You mean you forgot to fill it up with gas.”

“Whatever.”

We sit, both of us in the car, unsure of what to do. We’re in the middle of a deserted road…nobody is around and it’s miles of walking until another gas station.

“Should we walk?”

“Go ahead, if you want. I’m just going to wait a bit and see…maybe somebody will help us……”

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Three years earlier:

The old woman, with rickety footsteps walked slowly and unsteadily on the sidewalk. Her legs were exhausted from supporting her own weight and she hadn’t eaten for days. She wasn’t really sure where she was or even where she was heading, but she kept on walking. With every step she took, she mumbled to herself incoherent encouraging words…. “One step. There you go. You’re almost there. I can smell the fresh bread. Second step. So close. Third step….”

And suddenly, she was falling. She had apparently stepped on some hidden rock and it had caused her to lose her already loose and wobbly balance. She tottered and reeled. She let out one surprised scream… She was going to land on her face…..

A young girl, who had been staring at her from a far, came running to her. She didn’t know this old woman but she recognized the cry for help. She steadied the old woman, and gently, ever so gently, walked her to a bench.

The old woman blushed. She was slightly embarrassed. And yet, despite the embarrassment, the old woman felt deep gratitude to this young girl. She’d saved her from falling…She’d saved her, though she didn’t know her.

The old woman looked at the girl…How would she ever repay her? She didn’t have any money…she didn’t have anything to offer her, except well, this…“Ya Allah, help her as she has helped me. Ya Allah, when she is alone, be her companion. Make her trials easy. Make her trials easy. Ya Allah, grant her a pious husband and pious children. Ya Allah, grant her jannah…” The old woman’s voice trembled and shook as her tears fell and she passionately made dua for her kind rescuer.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Back to the present.

We’ve been standing outside of the car for the past fifteen minutes. The weather is hot and humid. Sweat lines our brows and our clothes feel damp. I’m angry at her because she’s angry at me…I know it’s my fault and I should have filled up the car but I’m too stubborn to admit it. I’m beginning to give up.
I’ll have to walk after all……
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

8 minutes later.

A car slows down in front of us. “Do you girls need a ride?” A middle-aged woman asks us.
We can’t believe it. “Is it a mirage?” My friend asks. “I don’t think so!”

We’re rescued!

We’re rescued!

15 minutes later, we reach the gas station….

-----

It’s such a coincidence that woman came at that moment. Actually..it's more like a miracle……….

Last edited by Amina Al-Bateeka on Fri Jan 30, 2009 3:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Amina Al-Bateeka
Amina Al-Bateeka
Active Sister
Active Sister

Registration date : 2008-11-13

Back to top Go down

Of an Old Woman and a Young Woman and a Dua Empty Re: Of an Old Woman and a Young Woman and a Dua

Post  Amina Al-Bateeka Fri Jan 30, 2009 3:51 pm

The prophet salla Allahoo alyhee wa salam said: If anyone removes one of the anxieties of this world from a believer, Allah will remove one of the anxieties of the day of Resurection from him. If one smooths the way for one who is destitute, Allah will smooth the way from in this world and the next; and if anyone conceals the fault of a muslim, Allah will conceal his fault in this world and next. Allah helps a man as long as he help his brother......."

Help a person....and you'll help yourself.
Amina Al-Bateeka
Amina Al-Bateeka
Active Sister
Active Sister

Registration date : 2008-11-13

Back to top Go down

Of an Old Woman and a Young Woman and a Dua Empty Re: Of an Old Woman and a Young Woman and a Dua

Post  Guest Fri Jan 30, 2009 3:58 pm

As-Salaamu alaikum sister,
a very good story,which help illustrate the good moral that the Prophete(saw)taught us,
mashaAllah

JazakiAllah

bfl1 oumloubabah bfl4

Back to top Go down

Post  Munaqaba08 Fri Jan 30, 2009 4:36 pm

As-Salaamu alaikum

Jazakallahu Khairun sister for sharing! Yes, it was a very good story to read. I hope you will continue to share your writing with us insha'Allah.

JazakiAllah keep up

Umm An-Nu'man
Munaqaba08
Munaqaba08
Staff
Staff

Registration date : 2008-10-29

Back to top Go down

Post  Zaza Fri Jan 30, 2009 4:51 pm

As Salamu Alaikum

mashaAllah its lovely that you can write a moral story and sum it up using a Hadith.

Jazakallahu Khairun keep up
Zaza
Zaza
Staff
Staff

Registration date : 2008-10-29

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down