Easel and Ink -The Wonderful Art Garden For Muslim Sisters
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sharing Tips-Artweaver

4 posters

Go down

Sharing Tips-Artweaver Empty Sharing Tips-Artweaver

Post  Zaza Fri Oct 31, 2008 4:50 pm

As Salamu Alaikum

I cannot draw for the life of me but I have passion for art. Alhamdulillah I have come a long way using Photoshop and PhotoImpact. However I find using ArtRage or Artweaver much more relaxing and rewarding.

Digital painting software like ArtRage, Artweaver, Twistedbrush are programs where one’s creativity comes into play. We don’t get tutorials to help except a few to give you a brief idea of the features and normally the Help section is enough. The rest is up to the individual, trial and err and the main thing HAVING FUN.

Graphic programs like Photoshop, Photoimpact, Illustrator are a bit difficult to understand at first, but once you learn the basics it is very simple to use. The bonus --- there are millions of tutorials online to help you.

It’s easy to follow a tutorial and come up with some great effects, but painting from one’s heart is a different feeling altogether, whether one uses real paints and canvas or the digital ones like ArtRage and Artweaver. Although I will not share all my attempts here, I do make at least one image a week, some I trash, some I treasure. Love

This is a tutorial I did for a sister who was interested to learn Artweaver, some time ago. I liked the outcome of this image so I decided to share the tutorial here. Insha Allah someone will find it beneficial too.

1. When you start Artweaver, you will find that there are 2 sets of toolbars on your left and three on your right and an option bar just below the normal menu bar (the one will find in all programs). This I think is the normal setting.
2. Open a new image – File-New
3. In the dialogue box that opens chose the size for your picture, I normally chose 600x400. You will see a box- paper color which is normally white, leave it as white.
4. Change the background color to white and the foreground color to a nice blue for the sky. Insha Allah I hope by now you are familiar with the tool bars and palettes.
5. Go to Filter in the Menu bar Filter--Render--Clouds
6. On the Tool bar click on the Brush icon to select the brush. When you are working with the brushes you can change the size, opacity on the option bar. Normally I will leave the other settings as they are.
7. In the layers palette (on your right) click on the icon which says new layer.
8. Select the Airbrush any of the settings and chose a pale yellow color (I used size 100, opacity 100) and make a sun. Increase the brush size by 20 (120) and the color to white and click just once on the yellow.
9. Save your work as you go – File-Save as a Artweaver Document *awd (so you always have the layers to work with)
10. In the option bar click on the small arrow facing downwards and select the Impasto brush. From the variant drop down (that’s the next small arrow) chose Grainy Course, I changed the size to 30 and the opacity to 30 now paint in some mountains using a nice brown color and a darker color too.
11. Click on new layer, chose the Oil brush variant Fine soft glazing 40 and choosing between dark brown to grey- paint in a trunk with branches. Then go to Filter-Noise and chose an amount of 6 or 10 click ok.
12. Click on new layer, Chose the Sponges and variant 120 and paint in the tree tops, change the colors from greenish to yellowish. You just have to click a few times.
13. Click on new layer, in the bottom palette on the left below the tool bars – click on the small arrow for the nozzle. Then go back to the option bar, from the brushes down chose Nozzle and from the variant chose Direction 80 and paint in some greenery at the bottom of the hill. New layer again, now use the berries from the nozzle and place a few on the grassy patch.
14. I like to do every step on a new layer so if I don’t like something I can just delete the layer add a New layer again.
15. Click back to the background layer, to activate it go to Filter-Render-Lightening Effects and chose use default settings, click ok and you are done.
16. Enjoy
17. If you are happy with your image and wish to share it with us on the Forum go to File-Save as, give it a name and then click the small arrow on the Save as Type and chose JEPG but remember to still save your changes in the AWD also so you can still make changes later if you don’t like something.

You can download the freeware program HERE is a freeware.

The Final Image
Sharing Tips-Artweaver Artexample01

Enjoy

Not a Masterpiece but for me an Achievement wink

Salams

!

Last edited by zaza on Thu Nov 13, 2008 3:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Zaza
Zaza
Staff
Staff

Registration date : 2008-10-29

Back to top Go down

Sharing Tips-Artweaver Empty Re: Sharing Tips-Artweaver

Post  Aisha Sun Nov 09, 2008 2:32 pm

As-Salaamu alaikum

Jazaki Allahu khairan dear sister zaza - I downloaded this programme to my laptop alhamdulilah.
I had a go at your tutorial but my pic didn't turn out as good as yours so that is why I have not posted it hehe
Aisha
Aisha
Administrator
Administrator

Registration date : 2008-10-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Zaza Sun Nov 09, 2008 4:09 pm

As Salamu Alaikum

Sister Aisha you know how to keep me going.........Love

I'm sure your pic is great Hug
Zaza
Zaza
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post  Zaza Thu Nov 13, 2008 3:47 pm

As Salamu Alaikum

After Sister Aisha tried this tutorial, I had another go at it. Lol result so, so. hehe

This proves that programs like ArtRage, Artweaver, Twistbrush are creative painting programs not graphics programs like Photoshop and PhotoImpact where one can follow a tutorial successfully and achieve good results. wink

However it will be interesting to see what sisters come up with after following this tutorial.
Zaza
Zaza
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jul 15, 2009 8:46 pm

As-Salaamu alaikum

ok, I had a go...and this is the result....my 1st attempt...(WARNING: Make sure you are in an appropriate surrounding, as you might...or rather, will...Laugh Out Loud!)

Sharing Tips-Artweaver 1stattempt

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jul 15, 2009 8:47 pm

As-Salaamu alaikum

just looking at it makes me go 'bleh'!! wink

Back to top Go down

Post  nadia123 Wed Jul 15, 2009 8:49 pm

As-Salaamu alaikum

its good!!!!!! mashallah, i dont even have a steady enough hand to try and do something like that lol

i might attempt later aswell :)
nadia123
nadia123
Active Sister
Active Sister

Registration date : 2009-05-08

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:01 pm

As-Salaamu alaikum

looks fun

maybe ill try tommorow

Last edited by Yasmin2 on Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:03 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : mis-spelt in post)

Back to top Go down

Post  nadia123 Fri Jul 17, 2009 1:43 pm

As-Salaamu alaikum

ok heres my attemp, bad i know......and for the grass it was just coming up as the berries not anything else so i used a different brush..

Sharing Tips-Artweaver Scenaryart
nadia123
nadia123
Active Sister
Active Sister

Back to top Go down

Post  Zaza Sat Jul 18, 2009 11:04 am

As Salamu Alaikum

Masha Allah I am so excited, no overjoyed to see some attempts here. Hug Love

For a first attempts both are absolutely beautiful. Compared to my first attempt these are masterpieces. Shout Shout Shout

pretty-plants chocolate-bar Jazakallahu Khairun for trying out the tutorial and sharing them with us.

Insha Allah we can learn this program together.
Zaza
Zaza
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:34 am

As-Salaamu alaikum

aww sis Nadia, that is so sweet of you...JazakiAllahu Khairan sis..

and Masha Allah, I love your creation better!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Aisha Tue Jul 28, 2009 1:18 pm

As-Salaamu alaikum

MashaAllah I missed these - great to see that you are having fun experimenting with the programme pompoms
Aisha
Aisha
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:17 am

I've also tried to make a picture with Artwaver and here is my result. hehe

Sharing Tips-Artweaver Landscape

Back to top Go down

Post  Zaza Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:17 am

As Salamu Alaikum

Welcome to the forum sister Becky Love

Masha Allah you attempt is great Shout clapping Thumbs Up

I'm so excited that the sisters are trying out the tutorial. pompoms grouphug

chocolate-bar JazakiAllah basket-o-goodies2
Zaza
Zaza
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Aug 11, 2009 2:26 pm

As-Salaamu alaikum

Welcome sis Becky! Masha Allah! I love your art! beautiful!

Back to top Go down

Post  nadia123 Tue Aug 11, 2009 2:39 pm

As-Salaamu alaikum

welcome smiley01

love your attempt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
mashaAllah
nadia123
nadia123
Active Sister
Active Sister

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu May 20, 2010 9:04 pm

As-Salaamu alaikum

I pray that you are all well.

I know this is an old thread but, I thought here was the best palce to put my first work as it related directly to the tutorial.

I joined the forum a few weeks ago with the intent of learning something about creating beautiful graphics. I am not artistically inclined at all, but I do love admiring artwork. I think the software makes people like me have a slight, maybe, a very slight hope, of doing something that resembles, even if only it is slightly, some kind of art.

I have read this thread and decided to try out Artweaver using sister Zaza's tutorial. The result is below. I was able to follow everything in the tutorial but had problems in the end to locate the nozzle. Instead I used a felt pen and then the airbrush and another (can't remember which tool) to fill in the grass. At the end also I wasn't sure if I merged the layers correctly since I there was no lightening effect on my menu.

Anyway here it is:

Sharing Tips-Artweaver Easelandinktutorial1

What do you think of my first try? I need any advice and tips. What should be the next step/challenge to undertake after this? Any suggestions?

Looking forward to your responses (whatever they may be).

Ma'salaama

Back to top Go down

Post  Aisha Sun May 30, 2010 3:12 pm

As-Salaamu alaikum

I think that your pic is beautiful mashaAllah and actually the nicest one in this thread so far - even though the others are lovely too mashaAllah! Love mashaAllah
I think that you should edit out this line from your previous post dear sister!:
I am not artistically inclined at all

I think that you should have a go at ArtRage perhaps icon_wink
Aisha
Aisha
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Kish Sun May 30, 2010 8:49 pm

wa alaikumu salam

Oh my! ma sha Allah! just beautiful! This is an artist's work if you ask me. = You are a new artist! keep up mashaAllah Hope to see more from you in sha Allah!
Kish
Kish
Active Sister
Active Sister

Registration date : 2010-02-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jun 02, 2010 2:03 am

As-Salaamu alaikum

Dearest sisters Aisha and Kish, jazakAllah khair for having a look at my first try with Artweaver, but you are much too generous in your praise! blush I wish I were better at using the programme. I know I have to spend more time with it, inshallah .

Sister Aisha, how is ArtRage different from ArtWeaver and is it available for free to download?

Sorry but another question, if I would like to create a header and background for my blog what programme could I use?

Looking forward to your response, Insha Allah

barakAllahu feeki

Ma'salaama

Back to top Go down

Post  Aisha Wed Jun 02, 2010 12:00 pm

As-Salaamu alaikum

ArtRage (yes there is a free download available) is more like having a canvas that you draw or paint on freehand - though I have not used ArtWeaver much and do not have it on my computer at the moment I think it uses special effects more.

This is the ArtRage site downloads page link:
http://www.artrage.com/artragedemo.html
Aisha
Aisha
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down