Easel and Ink -The Wonderful Art Garden For Muslim Sisters
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Of All People (Part 3 - final)

4 posters

Go down

Of All People (Part 3 - final) Empty Of All People (Part 3 - final)

Post  Munaqaba08 Tue Mar 31, 2009 9:16 pm

As-Salaamu alaikum

When we last left our characters hehe

...Then Spelter did the unimaginable.

The conclusion insha'Allah:

He looked behind him trying to see the car he had just been told he’d rear-ended.
Basil and The Professor looked at Spelter and then at each other incredulously. This guy couldn’t be serious could he? The Professor spoke up.“If you rear-end a car, the car you should be looking at would be in front of you.”
“Oh yeah. That explains why I don’t see no damage.”
“Do you have insurance?” Basil asked. He was sure Spelter would respond in the negative but he asked anyway.
“Dunno. It’s my mum’s car. Why don’t I give you her number and you can ask her. Sound good?”
Basil gave up. “Sure. Whatever. That’s fine.”
Basil got Spelter’s mum’s number and Spelter’s name which he now learned was David Duvall and then he turned to The Professor. “You need a lift anywhere?”
“No thank you. I’m just heading to the coffee shop.”
Basil looked and saw a small unobtrusive sign that read, “La Maison de the”. Not knowing why, he asked, “Do they have good coffee?” After the encounter with Spelter a.k.a. David Duvall, Basil figured he needed some caffeine.
“I enjoy it. Why don’t you join me? ” The Professor offered. “My treat”.
Basil had no intention of letting The Professor pay but he accepted the invitation. “By the way, my name is Basil,” he said extending his hand.
Offering his hand, The Professor said, “Nice to meet you Basil. My name is Sa’ad.”
Basil shook Sa’ad’s hand and was about to start walking to the café when Sa’ad looked over his shoulder and said, “Your car?”
The car. ‘How could I forget the car’? Basil pondered. Yes, I definitely need some caffeine. He went and pulled the car out of traffic and found a space not too far from the café. Sa’ad was waiting for him under the awning. As he walked toward Sa’ad he began to wonder what in the world he was doing. He was having coffee with a total stranger that he’d met in the middle of the street? Basil wasn’t a small man, but shouldn’t he be afraid? He looked at Sa’ad, he had a kind, friendly face and for reasons unbeknownst to him, Basil wasn’t afraid. Not in the least bit. It was at that moment that his curiosity got the better of him. Before he realized it, the words were out of his mouth. “You’re Muslim right? What do you guys believe anyway? I mean about God and all.”
Why had he asked that? To this day, Basil had no answer to that question. Not being a man who would have considered himself religious, the question had stunned him. Maybe it was the way Sa’ad handled himself, confident yes, but there was humility that seemed to radiate from him; not to mention the tranquility that was a constant undercurrent in his voice. At the time that was all foreign to Basil. He had never known religion to gift such commodities to people and his life, admittedly, lacked humility. Tranquility was rare and cherished. And God? Well, he rarely thought about Him. And there he was asking a complete stranger about him. “Maybe Spelter hit me harder than I thought”, Basil had mused and he followed Sa’ad inside.

That was six months ago. Since then, Basil had quit his job and his fiancé had left him. She had been unable to understand how an hour conversation with a stranger could result in him becoming a Muslim. In the end she had asked him to choose – her or Islam. He had chosen marriage, only not to her. He married Rumaysah and he couldn’t be happier Alhamdulillah. He no longer makes over two hundred thousand pounds a year, it’s more like forty thousand but the forty thousand is halal unlike the two hundred thousand had been. The Roadster is gone. Sold. He now drives a Toyota. It’s paid for. No payments and more importantly, no interest. His name is no longer Basil; he’s Bilal now. His parents? Well, they’ve been the most shocking part of all of this. Not only had they taken his conversion well, they were both here tonight at the masjid to say their shahada.

Of All People (Part 3 - final) Basilf10

As Bilal sat next to his father waiting for the sheikh to arrive, he reflected on what had brought him to this point in his life: No doubt, it was Allah and He had chosen to bring him into this beautiful, perfect deen through David Duvall of all people. La ilah illah Allah. “Truly”, Bilal thought, “there is no God worthy of worship except Allah. He guides whom He wills however He Wills even through people like Spelter.

The End

Last edited by Aisha on Wed Dec 08, 2010 6:00 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : to pin the topic)
Munaqaba08
Munaqaba08
Staff
Staff

Registration date : 2008-10-29

Back to top Go down

Of All People (Part 3 - final) Empty Re: Of All People (Part 3 - final)

Post  Zaza Tue Mar 31, 2009 11:02 pm

As Salamu Alaikum

Masha Allah a lovely ending. Alhamdulillah Allah guided us too.

May He protect us and keep us on the Siratul-Mustaqeem. Ameen.
Zaza
Zaza
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Apr 21, 2009 5:07 am

As-Salaamu alaikum

mashaAllah sister Umm An-Nu'man, I like your story. ok

JazakAllahu Khayran for sharing it with us.

barakAllahu feeki

A Muslim Mother

Back to top Go down

Post  Munaqaba08 Tue Apr 21, 2009 7:35 pm

As-Salaamu alaikum

jazakillahu khayr A Muslim Mother and wa iyaki smile
Munaqaba08
Munaqaba08
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Of All People (Part 3 - final) Empty MashaAllah

Post  umm kashifa Sat Nov 14, 2009 2:18 pm

As-Salaamu alaikum

Dear Sis,
Great Job, been a longtime since I read a story with an Islamic ending.
pompoms
umm kashifa
umm kashifa
Getting active
Getting active

Registration date : 2009-11-13

Back to top Go down

Post  Munaqaba08 Sun Nov 15, 2009 3:42 am

wa alaikumu salam

Jazakillahu Khayr dear sis umm kashifa . Insha'Allah you enjoyed it.
Munaqaba08
Munaqaba08
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post  founder Sun Nov 15, 2009 4:16 am

assalamou aleikoum wa rahmatoullah wa barakatou

lol, my dear sis Um An-Num'an, I just love your avatar. It reminds me of this old TV series ''Murder she wrote'' (going down memory lane here, you may not know it anyway, as it wa quiiiiiiiiiiiiite a few years back, but I watched it when I was your age hehe)
founder

Registration date : 2008-04-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Munaqaba08 Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:20 pm

As-Salaamu alaikum

Alhamdulillah you like the avatar. From our dear talented sis Mabsoota masha'Allah friends . And you speak as if you are old! You're not old (and not even close) walhamdulillah Hug Shout . But I do like the typewriter...reminds me of the Sherlock Holmes/Agatha Christie kind of thing eh? hehe
Munaqaba08
Munaqaba08
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:49 pm

wow.. this story is uploaded 2 years ago.

I am late but really impressed.
reminds me of many stories of revert muslims:)
May Allah give revert muslims strength to stick to our religion.

Thank you for sharing this beautiful story pretty_flower_bouque

Back to top Go down

Post  Munaqaba08 Thu Jun 09, 2011 10:03 pm

As-Salaamu alaikum

jazakAllah khair dear sis Uri Fatimah. Has it been 2 years? Subhana'Allaah....

Alhamdulillaah, I am happy you enjoyed the story.

green-tea-cup
Munaqaba08
Munaqaba08
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down