Easel and Ink -The Wonderful Art Garden For Muslim Sisters
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Recommend a digital camera insha'Allah

4 posters

Go down

Recommend a digital camera insha'Allah Empty Recommend a digital camera insha'Allah

Post  Munaqaba08 Wed Jul 15, 2009 8:27 pm

As-Salaamu alaikum

I am looking into buying a digital camera insha'Allah but don't know where to start (i.e. which brands are best, good prices, etc.). Can anyone suggest a good camera for a beginner insha'Allah? Please keep in mind I'm sort of tech-impaired hehe so if it has too many gadgets and is difficult to use then it probably wouldn't be best for me. blush fruitandveg

JazakiAllah
Munaqaba08
Munaqaba08
Staff
Staff

Registration date : 2008-10-29

Back to top Go down

Recommend a digital camera insha'Allah Empty Re: Recommend a digital camera insha'Allah

Post  Zaza Sat Jul 18, 2009 10:43 am

As Salamu Alaikum

I am also looking around for a digital camera sis Umm An-Nu'man.

Will be watching this post too for suggestions from sisters. smile
Zaza
Zaza
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Recommend a digital camera insha'Allah Empty Re: Recommend a digital camera insha'Allah

Post  nadia123 Sun Jul 19, 2009 12:45 am

As-Salaamu alaikum

i have no experience whatsoever lol

but i keep hearing good thing about a sony cybershot or something?

who knows????? hehe
nadia123
nadia123
Active Sister
Active Sister

Registration date : 2009-05-08

Back to top Go down

Post  Mabsoota Sun Jul 19, 2009 8:11 am

As-Salaamu alaikum

My first digital camera was a Sony Cybershot. 6.0 megapixels. Examples of photos taken with this camera can be seen in this forum. I found it very easy to handle and grow accustomed to. At the moment I've got an Olympus 8.0 megapixels and the results are great but it costs more as there are more features. I like the fact the Olympus has a supermacro lens so you can get really close up to subjects.

Megapixels means one million pixels. They determine the quality of your image, so the higher the resolution, the better the image. But this is more important if you want to print your images. If not, and you just want to store them on your pc then a higher megapixel isn't needed inshaAllah. But saying that, cheaper cameras nearly all have around 5.0 megapixels on them so it'll be quite easy for you to chose one knowing this.

The thing that will help you photograph well is a steady hand! Seriously, the slightest move can ruin a shot, aswell as the wrong kind of lighting. InshaAllah you'll get used to the different focus options and be snapping away in no time at all! The idea is to experiment, to get to know your camera and what it can do. Hope this helped!
Mabsoota
Mabsoota
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jul 20, 2009 4:24 pm

Alaykum Salam, my first camera was a Sony cybershot and they are really great. I have a Sanyo now I like it a lot.

Back to top Go down

Post  Munaqaba08 Tue Jul 21, 2009 2:11 am

wa alaikumu salam

Jazakum Allahu khayran sisters Mabsoota and Umm Talal. I had no idea about pixels hehe and I was looking at them based on the price.

Sony is a good brand for electronics so maybe I'll look at those too insha'Allah. I was looking at the Kodak ones at the store the other day.

Jazakum Allahu Khayran for the helpful information! Art Garden Sisters
Munaqaba08
Munaqaba08
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Apr 30, 2010 1:47 pm

As salamu alaykum wa RahmatuLlah,

I love photography and have two cameras, AlhamduliLlah.
I guess my dad infected me with the photography virus, as he's a keen photographer too and has prof. equipment. Mine is not prof. but before buying a camera it is very important to search on the internet for reviews. So, if you see a nice camera, first google for reviews to get a good impression. This way you will get a good idea about the quality of the camera and the pictures it is producing, otherwise you might waste your money on something you are not happy with.

Wa salamu alaykum,
Maryam

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down