Easel and Ink -The Wonderful Art Garden For Muslim Sisters
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My first work - a banner

4 posters

Go down

My first work - a banner Empty My first work - a banner

Post  talibiddeenjr Sat Dec 19, 2009 1:19 pm

As-Salaamu alaikum

I finally started something, yeah! Alhamdulillah. It is not complete, needs more embellishments and I think I am actually going to completely rework it with different colors, lol, but I was so excited. And I have to thank my bud, Umm Abdul Basir, as she walked me through the steps of adding this and that, masha Allah last night.

I am hooked on using digital scrapbooking elements and backgrounds, masha Allah which is what I used for this in addition to the house, which was just a clip I found on the web.

Not sure if I am adding this right, lol. I am new to photobucket.................

My first work - a banner A>

Can you see a pic cuz I don't see it in the preview, lol. If it doesn't show up, I'll try again.

By the way, just wanted to say the the Empty Banner thread is what inspired me to give this a whirl, masha Allah. So thanks for that.

Umm Ibrahim Samirah
Newbie at Graphic Design
talibiddeenjr
talibiddeenjr
Getting active
Getting active

Registration date : 2009-10-26

Back to top Go down

My first work - a banner Empty Re: My first work - a banner

Post  Guest Sat Dec 19, 2009 2:11 pm

Alaykum Salam,

I do not see the picture. Add the image code..

Back to top Go down

Post  talibiddeenjr Sat Dec 19, 2009 3:33 pm

As-Salaamu alaikum As-Salaamu alaikum

Naam, I did add the code, so not sure why its not showing up. Well I went through the motions, maybe it didn't take or I had the wrong code.
Well, on the right bar of the forum, its saying html is off. Do I have to adjust that in my settings? Or maybe that still is not the problem??

Here's the direct link to photobucket until I can figure out why it didn't show up.
https://2img.net/h/i876.photobucket.com/albums/ab328/talibiddeenjr/Blog-Around%20the%20House/ath2.jpg
talibiddeenjr
talibiddeenjr
Getting active
Getting active

Back to top Go down

Post  talibiddeenjr Sat Dec 19, 2009 3:47 pm

As-Salaamu alaikum

Ok, I think I had the wrong code. I just saw the code for forums, so I am trying again. Sorry.

[img]My first work - a banner Ath2[/img]

Ok, its showing up in the preview, woo-hoo! The right side got cut off but its the same as the left.
talibiddeenjr
talibiddeenjr
Getting active
Getting active

Back to top Go down

Post  Zaza Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:24 pm

As Salamu Alaikum

mashaAllah Sister Wow your banner is beautiful. Shout Shout Shout

It's amazing what we can achieve with a little help from here and there. wink Love

keep up I'm looking forward to seeing the completed banner and more of your work. friends pompoms
Zaza
Zaza
Staff
Staff

Registration date : 2008-10-29

Back to top Go down

Post  Amina Al-Bateeka Sun Dec 20, 2009 3:09 pm

As-Salaamu alaikum

Wowwwww!! I love it!! That's amazing, mashaAllah.
Amina Al-Bateeka
Amina Al-Bateeka
Active Sister
Active Sister

Registration date : 2008-11-13

Back to top Go down

Post  Mabsoota Sun Dec 20, 2009 8:29 pm

As-Salaamu alaikum

MashaAllah sister, it's coming along nicely!!! Can't wait to see the end result!! pompoms Thumbs Up Shout Well done!!! friends
Mabsoota
Mabsoota
Staff
Staff

Registration date : 2008-10-29

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Dec 21, 2009 1:42 pm

Alaykum Salam,

mashAllah very good job :)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Dec 21, 2009 6:26 pm

wa alaikumu salam

Ur banner is beautiful and the cool blue colours are perfect for this time of year (winter)

Keep up the good work
inshallah

pinkflower

Back to top Go down

Post  talibiddeenjr Tue Dec 22, 2009 12:16 pm

As-Salaamu alaikum

Ok, here's a second attempt. Nothing spectacular but I scrapped the other one as I am more of a pink person, lol. Insha Allah, I'll build up my design skills and be able to get a little more intricate. I tried adding several little accents or embellishments but took them off as I didn't think they looked that hot, lol.

[img]My first work - a banner Tj-around-the-house-bordered2[/img]

But again, you all are inspiring me, I love all these signatures that I see in the posts, masha Allah.

Ok, its too maybe huge again, but as before, its symmetrical so the other side looks just like the left, lol, if you don't see the whole thing.

A quick question....this may be hard to answer as you don't know the particular graphic I am talking about, but well let's say I had some smaller flowers, say resembling the pink part of the flower, if I wanted to add small ones of those, where might you put them in that banner? In the corners, around the words, around other flower in some arrangement? I just don't have a feel for accenting too much.
talibiddeenjr
talibiddeenjr
Getting active
Getting active

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Dec 22, 2009 7:52 pm

Alaykum Salam, well what you could do is make the banner smaller or make the font larger and place it different like 2 words on top and the third below those. You see what I mean? You could also make the flowers larger..

But your doing very well for a starter mashAllah..

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down