Easel and Ink -The Wonderful Art Garden For Muslim Sisters
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Some sewing

+3
Zaza
Mabsoota
um-zakaria
7 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Some sewing Empty Some sewing

Post  um-zakaria Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:46 am

As-Salaamu alaikum

Pillows i made for my children, filled with the wool of 'id sheeps! MashAllah la quatta illa bilLah, 100 % organic (i warn you, i like to promote organic living among the sisters) !
Some sewing Bild2815
Some sewing Bild2610
clothes made of organic cotton, not so much to save the earth, which i feel not able, but for the health of the children:
Some sewing Jut1010
Some sewing Jut9210
To help my children to keep their room tidy and to know where to put the things, made of old jars and old clothes and some felt.
Some sewing Bild0812

InchAllah soon other pictures of recently sewing...

salamu aleykum
Yusra
um-zakaria
um-zakaria
Active Sister
Active Sister

Registration date : 2010-04-26

Back to top Go down

Some sewing Empty Re: Some sewing

Post  Mabsoota Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:48 pm

As-Salaamu alaikum

MashAllah!!! You are SOO creative! What a wonderful idea about using the eid sheep's wool for stuffing pillows with! Every year you would have a good amount to use! How clever and very organic of you! rose

Your sewing is very impressive and I just LOVE those jars!! Shout Your children are so blessed to have such a practical mommy! heart

I have a feeling you are going to contribute alot to this section inshaAllah!! keep up

barakAllahu feeki for sharing!
Mabsoota
Mabsoota
Staff
Staff

Registration date : 2008-10-29

Back to top Go down

Post  um-zakaria Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:36 pm

As-Salaamu alaikum

dear sister, that's so nice of you jazakAllah khair !
If you want to do organizers for pencils made of yars like the pictures above let me know , i made some photos while doing it to give eventually a tutorial.
But maybe it is so simple , you even don't need a tutorial.
It's nice because you don't have to buy something,...you need only yars and old clothes.

salamu aleykum
don't hesitate to ask if you have a question concerning sewing.
um-zakaria
um-zakaria
Active Sister
Active Sister

Back to top Go down

Post  Zaza Wed Apr 28, 2010 7:18 pm

As-Salaamu alaikum

mashaAllah this is awesome. You are truly talented sister Um Zakaria.

It will be great if you posted the tutorials here for anyone who is interest. Shout

I'm so happy you found your way back to us. pompoms Looking forward to seeing more friends
Zaza
Zaza
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post  Aisha Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:42 pm

As-Salaamu alaikum

MashaAllah I am sure that you must take a lot of pride and pleasure from all that you do. mashaAllah
Well done and jazakiAllahu khairan! bloomin-rose
Aisha
Aisha
Administrator
Administrator

Registration date : 2008-10-28

Back to top Go down

Post  um-zakaria Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:46 pm

salamu aleykum,

BarakAllahu feeki pink-heart-plant for your nice comments pretty-plants
would like to share this with you: blue_teapot green-tea-cup coffeecup

Sister Zaza, here the tutorial , especially for you!
Take for example an old sweatshirt, i took one in size 4 years
and cut the sleeve
Some sewing Sdc10010
rectify the straight line which will be sewn
Some sewing Sdc10013
sew, if it is a jersey fabric, then sew with a zigzagstitch. If you don't have a machine don't mind, sew by hand , ther is not to much to be sewn anyway
Some sewing Sdc10014
cut off what is to much on the side
Some sewing Sdc10015
Cut the bottom of the organizer by taking the pattern from the botton of the jar
Some sewing Sdc10011

Some sewing Sdc10012

quick, quick i will send this post befor continuing, otherwise i may loose all...
um-zakaria
um-zakaria
Active Sister
Active Sister

Back to top Go down

Post  um-zakaria Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:12 am

As my kids are mashAllah very lively, they tent to throw the pencils in the yar instead of putting them, and i'm tired to sharp broken pencils every day, so i filled the bottom of the yar, i don't know the name in english , it is a special filling fabric (for quilts ), but you can take cotton too, what you want to make it smoother and thicker
Some sewing Sdc10016
so you make a sandwich with the sweaterround, the fillinground and again the sweaterround, just sew arround to hold everything in place. Sorry don't have a picture for that
And now you finish by sewing all together, bottom and tube:
Some sewing Sdc10017

You turn your work and you put it over the yar.
If you want to have "appliqués" on it, pictures made of fabric (i recommend felt, very easy to sew) than you should do this right after cutting the tube. You could also take some fabricglue to fix the picture on the tube.

I got the idea of the pictures of pencils and brushs because i was thinking about how to get my kids more involved in household, for example tiding up their room, and when they have like a code where to put what, it works much better, and as my youngest can't read, i thought to let him know by pictures where to put all the staff.

I apologize for my schoolenglish (from long time ago...)
please if you do this organizer, share the pictures with us, and PLEASE if you have more ideas how to get kids involved in housework share it also!!!!!

salamu aleykum
Yusra
um-zakaria
um-zakaria
Active Sister
Active Sister

Back to top Go down

Post  Zaza Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:38 pm

As-Salaamu alaikum

mashaAllah you make it seem sooooo simple. Wow this is great. Now I need to take out the old sewing machine to try it.

barakAllahu feeki dear sister Yusra friends friends friends
Zaza
Zaza
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post  um-zakaria Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:43 pm

wa aleykumus salam wa rahamtuLlahi wa barakatuhu,

it IS so simple! Believe me!
Wa fiki barakAllah!

salam
Yusra
um-zakaria
um-zakaria
Active Sister
Active Sister

Back to top Go down

Post  Mabsoota Fri Apr 30, 2010 6:54 am

As-Salaamu alaikum

Great tutorial mashaAllah! jazakAllah khair My 10 years old daughter was saying we should make some jars! smile
Mabsoota
Mabsoota
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Apr 30, 2010 1:13 pm

As salamu alaykum wa RahmatuLlah,

Masha'Allah Um Zakaria! Glad to see that you share your creativity here too and I love the tutorial; thank you!!
Hope to see much more of your work in future, because you make beautiful things and can inspire other sisters to try and do the same, Masha'Allah.

Wa salamu alaykum,
Maryam

Back to top Go down

Post  um-zakaria Sat May 01, 2010 11:25 pm

As-Salaamu alaikum

pinkflower Jazakallahu Khairun dear sisters for your nice comment. i-love-u-design
I'm really happy that you like it and want to do it!

Her my newest sewingprojects:

a babycombination for my neighbour who gave birth to her son Masha Allah about 1 month ago:
Some sewing Sdc10210
Girls dress with bolero and matching trousers and underwear
(I wanted to sell it but my daughters want to wear it, so what can a mother do,...)
Some sewing Sdc10211
um-zakaria
um-zakaria
Active Sister
Active Sister

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat May 01, 2010 11:40 pm

As salamu alaykum wa RahmatuLlah,

Masha'Allah Um Zakaria, the dress plus jacket turned out to be a lovely combination and I love the trousers plus underwear with it. The little crocheted detail is so nice!!! I can understand why your daughters wanted to have these for themselves!!! The baby outfit is also very lovely and seems so comfortable for a little one, Masha'Allah. Again a lovely detail on the cords!!
keep up mashaAllah

Do you ever make something for yourself too? (or are you forgetting yourself???) Have you ever made a nice jilbaab maybe? I wish to try to make a very simple abaya/jilbaab for myself, based on a jilbaab I already have, but never have made one before!

Wa salamu alaykum,
Maryam

Back to top Go down

Post  um-zakaria Sun May 02, 2010 12:25 am

salamu aleykum,

jazakAllah khair dear sister, pink-heart-plant
the babycombination is indeed very comfi, made of organic cotton (i warned you!), nothing less!!
Subhanallah no, i never did something for me, but....this has to change!!!! i promised to myself that i must make at least one dress for myself before the summerholidays!
How can i do Dawa in my family if i wear allways the same old clothes??
I have one single jilbab, and when i wash it, i can't go out.
Me too, i thought about sewing one , in some nice oekotelabeld fabric.
If you want me to share with you the pattern , no problem Insha Allah , when i find one i send you or post here, or in your forum. But i wear the algerian Jilabab, i don't know if it's suits you in Europe. personally i don't wear in in Germany, where i wear which is just allowed by sharia and not one inch more, i don't need extrastress: a large abaya and extra large and big scarf and underscarf.
When i still lived there, i was often agressed verbally La Hawla
But maybe in GB people are more open to Islam?
If you are intersted in the algerian Jilbab just tell me. It is one cloth which covers you from head to toe, very large mashAllah, but you have to have a scarf under. I feel very comfortabel with it.

salamu aleykum bloomin-rose
um-zakaria
um-zakaria
Active Sister
Active Sister

Back to top Go down

Post  Zaza Sun May 02, 2010 5:50 pm

As-Salaamu alaikum

Masha Allah Your sewing is breath-taking. I love the color combination of the dress with bolero and matching trousers. Shout

I'm curious do you buy organic fabric or do you weave it is yourself. I have to admit, I have heard of organic fruit and veggies but not fabrics. Hiding
Zaza
Zaza
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun May 02, 2010 11:45 pm

As salamu alaykum wa RahmatuLlahi wa Barakatuhu,

Dear sister Um Zakaria, thank you for your kind help! I think you should not forget yourself when it comes to your sewing projects.
I think I know what you might mean with the Algerian jilbab. It sounds like something I have in my closet but never really wear because I bought it a bit too big and so I keep on tripping over it. A black one piece cloth, very wide, with some holes to stick your hands through. It's like a mega long khimaar with holes for your hands. I do not find it that comfortable, but that is probably because mine is too big. It's easy as a prayer garment. I normaly wear a jilbaab/abaya plus a long khimar. Do the Algerian ladies wear a garments like the Moroccan ladies; a jeleba? These garments are beautiful - I loooove Moroccan fabrics and all kinds of other Moroccan design. AlhamduliLlah, where I live you do not get scolded because of what you wear as Muslim woman, but I know that Germany and Holland can be more difficult, unfortunately.

By the way, is organic fabric much more expensive than other fabric? Some stores here do sell clothes made with organic cotton or hemp, but these clothes are most of the times much more expensive. But, quality of the fabric seems better and nicer to wear.

Wa salamu alaykum wa RahmatuLlahi wa Barakatuhu,
Maryam

Back to top Go down

Post  um-zakaria Mon May 03, 2010 10:24 am

As-Salaamu alaikum

jazakAllah khair sister Zaza for your nice comment, it is really motivating!
Dear sister Maryam, organic cotton must not expensive, one day i ordered for 3 euros the meter! The less expensive are the Jersey, this is a bit tricky to sew with a normal sewing mashine, but not impossible. Normally you need a overlock.
Bth you have nice organic cotton in the UK made in India, mashaAllah
It is expensive when you buy ready made clothes because they are mostly made in manufactures and little europebased industries.
When you know that other cottons are full of pesticides and chemical dying which is often harmfull and even cancerous ,....you don't mind to buy for some euros more (maybe not).
I made a skirt for my daughters more than one year ago and i wash it maybe once a week at 60 degree celsius and it looks still great, subhan Allah!
Sister's, it is so important to know to sew, may it be to have organic clothes or islamic clothes or just to save some money. Believe me, it is not difficult. Take a super easy pattern and go on, follow just the instructions and you will learn a lot!
If you have questions i would be happy to help, if i can.

As-Salaamu alaikum
blue flower pinkflower rose organic loving Yusra pretty-plants minipinkflowers lilacflower
um-zakaria
um-zakaria
Active Sister
Active Sister

Back to top Go down

Post  founder Mon May 03, 2010 6:32 pm

Assalamou aleikoum

Mashallah, I love the dress and all the accessories. As a matter of fact, I love everything on this thread.

Keep sending us your creations dear sis Um Zakaria, they are simply beautiful to look at, Mashallah.
founder

Registration date : 2008-04-05

Back to top Go down

Post  um-zakaria Tue May 04, 2010 10:42 am

As-Salaamu alaikum

barakAllahu feeki dear sister!

i-love-u-design

pink-heart-plant As-Salaamu alaikum
Yusra
um-zakaria
um-zakaria
Active Sister
Active Sister

Back to top Go down

Post  Mrs.Adeel Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:22 am

jazakAllah khair

really u put hardwork
Mrs.Adeel
Mrs.Adeel
Getting active
Getting active

Registration date : 2010-06-06

Back to top Go down

Post  um-zakaria Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:00 am

salamu aleykum,

i made this last summer for my youngest mashAllah,

i made the buttons with polymare clay

Some sewing Sdc10310
um-zakaria
um-zakaria
Active Sister
Active Sister

Back to top Go down

Post  Zaza Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:23 pm

As-Salaamu alaikum

mashaAllah Did you make your own buttons?

Wow sister you are very creative.

JazakiAllah for sharing your work with us. flowersmiley
Zaza
Zaza
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post  um-zakaria Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:06 pm

As-Salaamu alaikum

wa iayyaki sister!! And barakAllahu feeki for your comment!
Yes i made the buttons with polymare clay, the brand is Fimo, it gets hard by the heat from the oven.
I had much fun doing this mashAllah!

Here is a detail from the bigger, just decoratif buttons, i was looking for something other than spiderman, Cars , and all the stuff little boys have to wear: i made trees.
Some sewing Sdc10311
um-zakaria
um-zakaria
Active Sister
Active Sister

Back to top Go down

Some sewing Empty Beautiful sewing, maashaa Allaah

Post  Umm_Khidr Tue Dec 14, 2010 3:39 pm

As'salaamu Alayki wa Rahmatullaah

Maashaa Allaah your sewing is so very beautiful. I sure can't wait to get my sewing machine, inshaa Allaah. When I do I will surely share my projects, although mine will be more like beginner projects, lol. Inshaa Allah I will become advanced like you, smile!

Umm Khidr
Umm_Khidr
Umm_Khidr
Getting active
Getting active

Registration date : 2009-10-08

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jan 05, 2011 5:01 am

As-Salaamu alaikum
Machallah how very creative and talented all you sisters are. I am just trying to learn how to sew by hand, which is going not well since I have 2 full bags of clothes to be mended. I need to motivitate myself I think to sew by hand before thinking to buy a machine since I am afraid it will only sit collecting dust if I cannot use it. But machllah I think i will try to make this pencil holder craft with my daughter enchallah

JazakiAllah

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next