Easel and Ink -The Wonderful Art Garden For Muslim Sisters
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My Writing Portfolio

+4
Aisha
Zaza
Munaqaba08
naturedelight09
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

My Writing Portfolio - Page 2 Empty Re: My Writing Portfolio

Post  Aisha Wed Dec 24, 2008 1:08 am

As-Salaamu alaikum

It's very nice to see you posting again dear sister Sabrina mashaAllah Love
InshaAllah you'll get the chance to be more creative during the winter break cool
Aisha
Aisha
Administrator
Administrator

Registration date : 2008-10-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Zaza Wed Dec 24, 2008 12:18 pm

As Salamu Alaikum

I look forward to reading more of your writings.

Enjoy your vacation. Hug

Salams
Zaza
Zaza
Staff
Staff

Registration date : 2008-10-29

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jan 06, 2009 6:39 pm

As-Salaamu alaikum ...

Mashallah your work is really good...keep up the good work!!!!

My Writing Portfolio - Page 2 Hijabi10

Back to top Go down

Post  naturedelight09 Sun Jan 11, 2009 3:44 am

My Writing Portfolio - Page 2 Th_salamwabarakatuhu

My Writing Portfolio - Page 2 Th_jazakallahukhair again to all Sisters for taking the time to read my writing and commenting Love I'm done with all the changes i had to make and a few more i thought would be better. Sorry for not posting any real writing at the moment. I'm having a bit of writers block but i do have some ideas just need the time and effort to put something new together. im also a bit busy with school and stuff so its goiing to be a while before something new comes out. just a heads up, i have to do a research paper next month or 2 and i have an idea that might appeal to Sisters wink, that is if my english teacher agrees for me to write about it My Writing Portfolio - Page 2 Sleep, so watch this topic blush

My Writing Portfolio - Page 2 Th_walakumalsalam
naturedelight09
naturedelight09
Active Sister
Active Sister

Registration date : 2008-11-03

Back to top Go down

Post  Zaza Sun Jan 11, 2009 3:08 pm

As Salamu Alaikum

Masha Allah this sounds exciting. Shout

I will be looking out for your new topic cool
Zaza
Zaza
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Mar 23, 2009 1:50 am

mashAllah

Back to top Go down

Post  naturedelight09 Thu Apr 16, 2009 5:29 am

As-Salaamu alaikum

jazakAllah khair for being patient blush and the feedback Love sorry for keeping some of you waiting but i finally got the time to writer a poem Shout this is my work for the Islamic Writers Alliance contest that i mentioned. it seems to me that i really put some time and effort when it comes to contests Hug (blurble, thankful, and the next) p.s. the paper for my english class is going to be posted soon to be read inshallah (have to continue working on it before spring break is over sad) sorry if this next poem goes against anything.

Media’s Message of Islam

How many bizarre and false things have been said about the religion Islam and its followers, Muslims? Too many, by what has been heard and seen by the unhelpful portrayal by the media. Do you let others think and judge for you or not?

Why do you judge my people by looks?
We’ve all heard to not do the same to books
You assume things by the actions of “Muslims by name”
To some, when it comes to Islam, it’s all a game.

Maybe it’s because of what you’ve heard or seen
The media is all for making Muslims sound mean
You publicize the bad acts and even make up your own
You start trouble to hurt Muslims both young and grown.

You hear of women covered from head to toe
You call them oppressed but you really don’t know
We do it to dress modestly, please Allah, and follow his command
We won’t give in to your unfair and dirty demands.

Maybe you’ve seen men with kufis on their head
“Going to the Masjid (mosque) to teach violence,” the media says
Or, perhaps Muslim men growing a beard and wearing Islamic clothes
Facing Mecca for prayers lined up in straight rows.

You call us dangerous, crazy, and lame
But, in some ways it brought Islam great fame
After 9/11/01 more people became curious of Islam and to learn the truth
It even reached the ears of some of the youth.

Bringing converts to Islam, believers of its message so true
Since then, the numbers of Muslims worldwide grew
InshAllah (God willing) Islam will rise like the past to see the light
So, to the ones who slander Islam, please stop the fight!

Please let me know what you think and if there are any suggestions feel free to tell. More on this poem can be found on my Online Writing Portfolio (soon) under Media’s Message of Islam and of course on Islamway Sisters Art from the Heart forum (soon). Enjoy smile

wa alaikumu salam
naturedelight09
naturedelight09
Active Sister
Active Sister

Back to top Go down

Post  Zaza Thu Apr 16, 2009 12:53 pm

As Salamu Alaikum

Masha Allah a very nice poem....is it okay for you to posted it online if you are going to enter it in a competition. Just curious. wink

Insha Allah the other sisters will correct on any errors, if need be. smile
Zaza
Zaza
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post  naturedelight09 Sun Apr 19, 2009 5:44 pm

As-Salaamu alaikum

jazakAllah khair Sister Zaza for the feedback. i dont think its a problem for me to post it online even if i send it for the contest. its still my writing no matter where it is smile

wa alaikumu salam

Last edited by knowledgeseeker08 on Sun Apr 19, 2009 5:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
naturedelight09
naturedelight09
Active Sister
Active Sister

Back to top Go down

Post  naturedelight09 Sun Apr 19, 2009 5:52 pm

heres my research paper on Muslim Women for my English class assignment due tomorrow or the next day. i would appreciate sisters reading this and telling me what you think.

are there any spelling errors?
any contractions? ex. don't instead of do not
numbers written out? (spellled out)
capitalization correct?
commas in proper places and not used when not necessary?
anything wrong with information used? ex. islamic info

Know the Facts on Muslim Women

Walking out from your home, you notice your new neighbor, a Muslim woman, getting into her car to take her daughter to school. She was dressed in a black head and face covering and a gown-like outfit reaching her feet. You heard she even worked as a teacher. You stand there puzzled. Why do women cover their head, face, and body? Are they allowed to work and make money? Do they face harsh treatment by men? Are they really oppressed or liberated? All these things you have heard in the media have said.......

if you want to know more, PM the author (sis NatureDelight09) who will tell you more if she wishes so..... but for the time being, she needs to remove her article until further notice.
Khadija

Last edited by Khadija on Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:48 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : - edited by Khadija on the request of sister Naturedelight09 (the author) - will put it back when requested to do so again.)
naturedelight09
naturedelight09
Active Sister
Active Sister

Back to top Go down

Post  Munaqaba08 Sun Apr 19, 2009 6:11 pm

As-Salaamu alaikum

sis, there are some sites that can help you with your questions insha'Allah. They're listed here: https://easelandink.forumotion.com/sharing-tips-tutorials-and-advices-on-writing-f3/free-online-grammar-spelling-websites-t391.htm since your paper is due tomorrow maybe those will help insha'Allah.
Munaqaba08
Munaqaba08
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post  Zaza Sun Apr 19, 2009 10:09 pm

As Salamu Alaikum

Masha Allah a nice post. I am not qualified to comment on grammar etc but I do have a suggestion. This is just my thinking.

I don’t like it when Muslims address Allah as God (you did in one or two places) and secondly say peace be upon you when addressing the Prophet (Sallallahu 'Alayhi wa Sallam). That’s just me.

All the quotes you have (Adam), (Ali) (Malaekah) etc, I feel you should have footnotes with proper references.

Besides that Sis Umm An-Nu’man suggested some good links. Check it out Insha Allah

May Allah grant you success Ameen! Love
Zaza
Zaza
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post  naturedelight09 Thu Dec 03, 2009 3:36 am

As-Salaamu alaikum

can someone please take out my Know the Facts on Muslim Women post for 2 weeks (for someone else) asap
naturedelight09
naturedelight09
Active Sister
Active Sister

Back to top Go down

Post  Munaqaba08 Thu Dec 03, 2009 6:16 am

As-Salaamu alaikum

Sis, can you please clarify this part insha'Allah:

(for someone else)

I believe we can move it insha'Allah but I did not understand the part above. Jazakillahu Khayr dear sis.
Munaqaba08
Munaqaba08
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post  founder Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:50 am

Assalamou aleikoum wa rahmatoullah wa barakatou

it has been moved... will put it back when you ask.
founder

Registration date : 2008-04-05

Back to top Go down

My Writing Portfolio - Page 2 Empty Muslim Women in Islamic History

Post  naturedelight09 Wed Apr 06, 2011 5:28 am

As-Salaamu alaikum sisters
inshallah you and your family are all well in health and eman Love

im back with another one of my work! inshallah it is informative

i am writing another article for my high school newspaper, The Torch, about Muslim women, since last month was women's history month. this is a great opportunity to not only write about women who are not the sterotypical muslim women who are pitied these days but also give dawah and get people curious about Islam. can you sisters read this and let me know asap whether i need to change something or have recommendations. need to get this done before the paper gets sent next week.

wave of smilies wave of smilies wave of smilies
When Women’s History Month comes along each year, little, if any thought is given about Muslim women in history. What part did they play in the early years of Islam? Were they looked down upon as many people assume Muslim women are? Is Islam, a religion and complete way of life responsible for “oppressing” women? I’m sure you will be surprised after you learn about Muslim women in the history of Islam.

Muhmood A. Ghadanfar writes in his book, Great Women of Islam Who Were Given the Good News of Paradise, “The women companions (Sahabiyat) of Prophet Muhammad were as active in religion as in politics, as courageous in war as in the peaceful and persuasive propagation of the teachings of Islam. These noble selfless women could be found in the battlefields… in the political arena, in the field of education, in the courts of Islamic jurisprudence, in the interpretation of Shariah (the collective laws revealed by Allah), in trade and commerce, in agriculture, in medicine and in nursing. In short there was no sphere that did not benefit from their intellect, their wisdom, and their gentle yet firm strength and character.”

It is reported with an authentic chain of narration that the Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings be upon him) said, “The best women of mankind are four: Maryam (Mary, the mother of Jesus), Aasiyah (the wife of Pharaoh), Khadijah (the wife of Prophet Muhammad), and Fatima (the daughter of Prophet Muhammad).” [Bukhari and Muslim] These four individuals are the most important women in Islamic history.

Maryam bint Imran, the daughter of Imran, is an honorable and respected woman in Islam. She is free from any false claims associated to her with regards to the birth of Jesus (Esa) and has a whole chapter (#19) in the Quran (the Muslim holy book and the last revelation sent to mankind by Allah) dedicated to her! The reason why Maryam is considered the best of all women is stated in the Qur'an. “Behold! The angels said, "O Maryam! Allah has chosen you and purified you and preferred you above the women of all nations." [Aal `Imran 3:42]

Aasiyah bint Muzahim, the daughter of Muzahim and the wife of Fir’awn (Pharaoh), went through harsh trials due to her tyrannical husband. She disbelieved in his false claims of divinity which brought about his anger, thus he would torture her. Due to her strong faith in Allah, Pharaoh ordered for a big stone to be thrown over her, which caused her death.

Khadijah bint Khuwaylid, was a very successful business women and the wife of Prophet Muhammad. She was also the first person to accept Islam (believe in Allah as the Lord and Creator of the universe and everything in it, and that Muhammad is the last Prophet and Messenger of Allah sent to mankind). She provided support, strength, assurance, and wisdom to her husband through many difficulties and was honored by Prophet Muhammad even after her death.

Fatimah bint Muhammad was the fourth and youngest daughter of Muhammad. She resembled her father the most from her siblings and was the dearest to him. It is reported that Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings be upon him) said, "Fatimah is a part of me, and what hurts her hurts me" [Muslim]. Before her father's death, Fatimah was told by him that she would be the first among his family members to join him in Heaven!

Does it make sense to think that after all that Muslim women were able to do in history, that Islam is the one to blame when people who claim to be Muslims, don’t practice the true teachings of Islam, but rather their culture, tribal and family practices, many times conflicting with Islam? There are reverts to Islam every year especially after September 11, most of them being women! Would it make sense that many women willingly choose to become a Muslim if there was no truth in Islam and benefit? Learn the truth for yourself from reliable sources before you judge!

Check out http://www.islamswomen.com/ for information on Muslim women, and also my blog at http://learnislam2day.blogspot.com/ for information about Islam and Muslims. I also recommend reading, Women in Islam: The Myth and the Reality by Dr. Sherif Abdel Azeem.
naturedelight09
naturedelight09
Active Sister
Active Sister

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2