Easel and Ink -The Wonderful Art Garden For Muslim Sisters
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The little green plant

3 posters

Go down

flower The little green plant

Post  Guest Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:09 am

Assalaamu alaykum sisters,

I made this story up to comfort my self and whoever needs comfort.

The little green plant

Once upon a time there was a tiny little weak plant. In fact it was a tiny little green bud.
All morning the plant moved gently as the soft breeze whistled through it. The plant was comfortable and content…well almost. He felt safe and secure but there was one thing missing, he was not happy. He wanted to be able to bear fruits and have children climb his big branches and he wanted sparrows to make nests in his leaves. Oh how he wished and longed to be a big and powerful tree!

One morning the little plant felt a very strange feeling. He was alarmed by it because this had never happened to him before. He felt cold and wet! He shivered. He didn’t like the change at all. What happened to my nice hot sun he wondered? What happened to my soft gentle breeze he asked? Suddenly the rain came pelting down crushing the poor plant. The plant looked limp and lifeless. Will he survive the big bush near by wondered to himself?

The little plant was alive but very weak. He was struggling to sit up something he had never had to do before. The cold wind was hurting him and the rain was very cruel and unkind for it was very cold and sharp. How will I survive the plant whispered? Grow a thick skin advised the big bush. How the little plant asked? You will have to figure that out yourself The bush replied.

So, the little plant decided to stop feeling sorry for himself and figure out a way to grow stronger so the cold weather wouldn’t hurt him. All the plant wanted was to stop feeling this horrible pain but little did he know that growing a thick skin was what he needed to become a tree. The little plant had no idea that what he thought was a huge and terrible mistake and an unfortunate affair was really his dream in disguise. Had he known this he would welcome the cold rain with a huge smile and hug the freezing wind lovingly.

As the plant mulled over a way to grow thick skin he saw the pretty little flower next to him smiling what is she so pleased about he grumbled to himself… She heard him and said are you not happy? You are a very strange plant. I love it when it rains! What on earth makes you love that strange and beastly thing you call rain he replied. Silly said the flower giggling cant you see how big and strong the rain is helping you become? That’s what you need to become big and strong.
That’s it the little plant said I must bear the rain and it will help me grow and when I am big I will be strong and not feel the pain any more!!

So the little plant decided to be patient and soak up the rain. And little by little the pain grew less and less until one night when the rain was shooting pistols the little plant was shocked to discover he was not feeling any pain. He was so happy! Yes he said, finally! Alhamdulilah!

The little plant grew and grew and grew he grew so big and strong that everyone admired him. Wow they said who would have thought someone so little could become so big! Well said the not so little plant, You need pain and patience. To get big. Pain comes anyway but you have to bring patience. If you realize that the pain brings your happiness then patience is easy. But only a few people realize this. And I am grateful to admit I am one of them. Alhamdulilah. You can be too just try it. Next time something you hate happens and you feel the pain dab it with an ointment of patience and coat it with a bandage of forbearance and you will see wonders. Guaranteed.

By Shakirah.

Last edited by Aisha on Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:17 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : To add title and name.)

Back to top Go down

flower Re: The little green plant

Post  Aisha Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:15 pm

As-Salaamu alaikum

MashaAllah tabaarakAllah smile JazakiAllahu khairan for posting this lovely story Love May I suggest that you give it a title and put your name at the end? keep up mashaAllah
JazakiAllah

WaSalaamu alaikum,
Aisha Om-AbdulRahman
Aisha
Aisha
Administrator
Administrator

Registration date : 2008-10-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:55 pm

As-Salaamu alaikum
jazakAllah khair Sister for your kind words. Thanks for the tips.

Back to top Go down

Post  Amina Al-Bateeka Tue Feb 15, 2011 2:13 pm

As-Salaamu alaikum

awww, ma'shaAllah, what a sweet story with a wonderful reminder for all of us. Baraka Allah feeki!! Thumbs Up pompoms rose
Amina Al-Bateeka
Amina Al-Bateeka
Active Sister
Active Sister

Registration date : 2008-11-13

Back to top Go down

Post  Zaza Tue Feb 15, 2011 2:56 pm

As-Salaamu alaikum

mashaAllah a lovely inspiring story.

barakAllahu feeki for sharing
Zaza
Zaza
Staff
Staff

Registration date : 2008-10-29

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Sep 23, 2011 1:37 pm

As-Salaamu alaikum jazakAllah khair sisters.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down