Easel and Ink -The Wonderful Art Garden For Muslim Sisters
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The things I do:

2 posters

Go down

The things I do: Empty The things I do:

Post  Guest Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:35 pm

Asalam Alaykum,

I have some other hobbies that I do. I am trying to teach myself graphic design and how to crochet; this site is great for inspiration, thanks. My husband is a graphic designer.

I have my own cooking site called Ya Salam Cooking: http://themiddleeasterncook.blogspot.com/

I think cooking and baking is a great Art just like all the others, it is a lot of hard work.

I also own Cafe Muslimah a forum for women: [url=http://z3.invisionfree.com/Cafe_Muslimah/index.php?[/url] I really have enjoyed getting to know so many Muslimahs from all over the world.

My other hobbies are photography. I love taking pictures of nature, I have several inshAllah when my net gets fixed I will share those with you all, this dial up just will not load things fast, grr. I also write any and everything. I write a recipe of a month for a paper in DC. I like to make jewelry and do all kinds of crafts. My mom used to have everything to do with ceramics and we would make out own and paint them at home, I miss that!

I love looking at all of your creativity on here mashAllah, I love this forum.

Last edited by ummTalal on Sun Jun 14, 2009 2:32 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

The things I do: Empty Re: The things I do:

Post  founder Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:38 pm

As-Salaamu alaikum

Mashallah my dear sister ,you are a busy bee indeed Love Love I pray you have time to come to us a lot and post all what you do. We'll love it.
Please, put your links in your siggy. We will not lose them like this and we'll see if we have more space in the Portal Inshallah... cool

p.s. I love your avatar by the way. Did you make it yourself ? Thumbs Up

Khadija
founder

Registration date : 2008-04-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Zaza Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:45 pm

As Salamu Alaikum

Masha Allah you are very talented sister.

I also taught myself computer graphics. Which program are you learning?

Looking forward to seeing some of your photographs and craft.
minipinkflowers
Zaza
Zaza
Staff
Staff

Registration date : 2008-10-29

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Feb 27, 2009 1:01 am

Alaykum Salam, well I am not using any program yet lets just say I am learning in my head, lol. I had downloaded paint shop before but the free trial ran out boo. My husband is a graphic designer but he works all the time for a big company mashAllah so I cant really get his help, he uses photoshop. But I did not like that as much. What do you all use? I am really wanting to learn this. Because I have my forum and blog I am always wanting to make things (banners, etc) but I just do not know how. I would love to learn inshAllah..

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:54 am

As salam alaikum

Mashallah, that's a great blog you have. Everything looks soo wonderful! Inshallah I want to try some of your recipes sometime.

Back to top Go down

Post  Zaza Fri Feb 27, 2009 3:53 pm

As Salamu Alaikum

Umm Talal, with computer graphics programs like Photoshop, Paint Shop, Illustrator,etc there are millions of tutorials online that one can learn from. This is how I learned to use Photoshop which is my favorite and PhotoImpact. I have Illustrator but did not give it a try yet except very briefly when I started learning these programs. cool

With painting programs like ArtRage and Artweaver etc these are more creative programs, thus there are very few tutorials. One needs a steady hand like sisters Aisha and Mabsoota to make great images. Shout

The only way to go is to try. wink
Zaza
Zaza
Staff
Staff

Registration date : 2008-10-29

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Mar 10, 2009 3:54 pm

InshAllah...

Back to top Go down