Easel and Ink -The Wonderful Art Garden For Muslim Sisters
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Five Minute Free Write

5 posters

Go down

Five Minute Free Write Empty Five Minute Free Write

Post  Munaqaba08 Sun Apr 26, 2009 5:28 pm

As-Salaamu alaikum

Free writing, as many of you know (and perhaps do), is an activity where you just put pen to paper (or fingers to keyboard hehe) and write writer /type computer05 whatever comes to mind insha'Allah. It does not have to be complete sentences; it can be phrases, words, fragments, etc. It does not have to follow a theme and the thoughts don't have to be related or connected to one another. Just write whatever pops into your mind insha'Allah.

Easel & Ink would like to invite all of our members (you don't have to be a writer icon_wink) to participate in an Easel & Ink 5 minute free-write. Here are the rules:

1/ content must not contradict, mock, belittle, etc. any aspect of the Quran &/or authentic sunnah.

2/ content must not degrade any racial, ethnic, or religious group.

3/ content must not contain vulgar language and/or curse words.

We can all post the results of our 5 minute free write in this thread insha'Allah. And no stress, if you don't do a whole 5 minutes or you grossly exceed 5 minutes (which we hope you do hehe) it's quite alright insha'Allah. computer05 Don't bother to erase - remember, no stress quill - unless one of the rules mentioned above is violated.

Looking forward to seeing your posts insha'Allah wave of smilies Be sure to have a cup of pinkteapot or Sis Zaza's favourite cookie-dunk near-by insha'Allah icon_wink hehe
Munaqaba08
Munaqaba08
Staff
Staff

Registration date : 2008-10-29

Back to top Go down

Five Minute Free Write Empty Re: Five Minute Free Write

Post  Mabsoota Mon Apr 27, 2009 7:58 pm

As-Salaamu alaikum

MashaAllah this is a neat idea. I'll be back inshaAllah... pompoms Thumbs Up
Mabsoota
Mabsoota
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post  Aisha Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:36 pm

As-Salaamu alaikum wa rahmatullaahi wa barakaatuh

It is now 30 minutes past the hour so ready, steady, go!

Now I don't know what to say - I've gone blank. Oops

Well I just spent 1/2 a minute looking for a blank-faced smiley without any success - so i shall have to make a google search for one inshaAllah - I have a feeling that it may come in very handy in this thread hehe

I won't be able to say much more as I must be such a slow typist - I only have 1 minute left!

What is this life if full of care , we have no time to stand and stare

Time up! and i am going to find the author of this famous quote inshaAllah.

WaSalaamu alaikum,
Aisha

minipinkflowers
Aisha
Aisha
Administrator
Administrator

Registration date : 2008-10-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Aisha Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:40 pm

As-Salaamu alaikum

Well how interesting - it was written by a Welsh poet who grew up 10 miles from where I was born and grew up :
http://www.bbc.co.uk/wales/southeast/halloffame/arts/w_h_davies.shtml

Here's a link where you can read the rest of the poem:
http://www.englishverse.com/poems/leisure
Aisha
Aisha
Administrator
Administrator

Registration date : 2008-10-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Mabsoota Tue Apr 28, 2009 5:30 am

As-Salaamu alaikum

6.14am: House is sleeping as I type. Birds on the porch twittering, sparrows. The fan is gently spinning round giving me a breeze much to my delight. The days are hotter now. The house sleeps but not for long inshaAllah. School is on the agenda for some and work for some other. Quraan class this morning, getting a lift alhamdulillah. Have to get the baby ready.

Tuesdays are pleasant because of class and meeting with like minded sisters in islaam. Eager to improve, eager to get forward in our reading. Slowly but surely we'll reach our goals.

The cockereal is calling out. He seems content too.

This peacefulness will soon disappear, for when the young ones rise the house comes alive. One enters the washroom while the others queue up rubbing their eyes and yawning. It's funny but on a school day I have to drag them out of bed, but at the weekends they are up bright and early without much effort. Why is that?

I will exercise inshaAllah. I MUST exercise inshaAllah. Exercise is great for us. It puts us in a happy mood, it releases those endomorphins and boosts our morale. I'm a better person too after I've exercised. You don't need fancy machines either. Walking's great if you've got the chance for it, do it. I can't over here because it's too hot nowadays and so humid. But if you can walk, do it.

Eating healthily, now this is something I need to work on. Less fatty, fried food. I need to fill my plate with salads and vegetables, that should help me with my fitness regime inshaAllah.

Middle aged spread is not nice but it happens. The idea is, to beat it by changing eating habits, exercise and thinking positive. We can do it!!!

6.27am Got carried away, now it's time for me to wake the brood......
Mabsoota
Mabsoota
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post  Zaza Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:57 pm

As Salamu Alaikum

I need to fight my graphic addiction. I eat, sleep and dream graphics Audho Billahe minash Shaitanir-Rajim. I have to try any new ideas coming to me immediately.

It just seems to get worse, first internet addiction and now graphic addiction.

I have guests and even so every few minutes I am at the computer trying to do a graphic. Alhamdulillah my sister in law is doing the cooking so that gives me time for the internet and graphics.

well that's my five minutes up.

till next time Shout wa alaikumu salam
Zaza
Zaza
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post  Munaqaba08 Wed Apr 29, 2009 8:35 pm

As-Salaamu alaikum

masha'allah and Hug JazakiAllah to the moderators/admins. who have posted their 5 mintue free writes.

Looking forward to seeing the other sisters 5 min. free writes insha'Allah purplesparkle pretty-plants
Munaqaba08
Munaqaba08
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu May 28, 2009 6:30 pm

Salams

Just listened to wonderful nasheeds. Mercy like the rain, I look I see and My mother are just a few examples. Maghrib has just been called in this part of the world. My mother is praying near me, and I should be going as well, but this post caught my eye and I couldn't resist. I hope I'm not too late as the last post was in April. I haven't been active lately here, exams and reports and all the other stresses of school mashallah, but now I'm FREE!! YES! alhamdulilah. I will inshallah be posting a poem a little later, which I hope you'll all enjoy. Now I must go and pray

Salams to you ALL!!

M.M

Back to top Go down

Post  nadia123 Fri May 29, 2009 12:21 am

salam

im also so so addicted to the computer but i dont know what else to do. Ohhh halfterm is nearly over, have to go back to school with EXAMS EXAMS EXAMS aswell. What time is Isha, dont want to go to sleep
Mmm at the ice cream i had earlier creamy and cold
I LOVE COOKING lol need to find something else to do but WHAT?? someone help, i really need to stop!

Salam!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! wave
nadia123
nadia123
Active Sister
Active Sister

Registration date : 2009-05-08

Back to top Go down

Post  Munaqaba08 Fri May 29, 2009 2:46 am

As-Salaamu alaikum

Shout masha'Allah! Shout Keep them coming sisters insha'Allah.
I still need to do mine insha'Allah Hiding
Munaqaba08
Munaqaba08
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down