Easel and Ink -The Wonderful Art Garden For Muslim Sisters
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My Writing Portfolio

+4
Aisha
Zaza
Munaqaba08
naturedelight09
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

My Writing Portfolio Empty My Writing Portfolio

Post  naturedelight09 Tue Nov 04, 2008 5:48 am

As-Salaamu alaikum

I just wanted to share my writing if anyone is interested in reading them blush Here is the link to all of them. Writing Portfolio If it is better to post them here one by one, please let me know. I also suggest writers to use writing.com to help organize their work, get feedback, and just for others to read and hear what you have to say.
naturedelight09
naturedelight09
Active Sister
Active Sister

Registration date : 2008-11-03

Back to top Go down

My Writing Portfolio Empty Re: My Writing Portfolio

Post  Munaqaba08 Tue Nov 04, 2008 3:50 pm

waalaikum assalam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh
welcome to the board sis knowledgeseeker08. Insha'Allah u enjoy it here. Jazakillahu khayr for sharing your work. I look forward to reading it.

Umm An-Nu'man
Munaqaba08
Munaqaba08
Staff
Staff

Registration date : 2008-10-29

Back to top Go down

Post  Zaza Tue Nov 04, 2008 6:12 pm

As Salamu Alaikum

My Writing Portfolio Welcome14

Sister Sabrina

It will be lovely if you would post them here from time to time.

Looking forward to reading them.
Zaza
Zaza
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post  naturedelight09 Tue Nov 04, 2008 7:25 pm

As-Salaamu alaikum Sisters

jazakAllah khair for the welcome. Its nice to see so many artistic and creative sisters here. I thought I'd put up one of my first writing that i did in the 8th grade.

The Purple Blurble

The Purple Blurble was a cute little creature
But I know it would be the least favorite of your teacher
With its cute fuzzy ears upon its cute fuzzy head
Its eyes would turn from blue to red
But this fuzzy little creature did not stay for long
It knew something had gone terribly wrong
No one really knew what happened to it or what it did
One day the townspeople found out it had disappeared or worst, hid.

No one really cared that it had just gone
Except for one kid, Billy Bean Bon
So later on, on the very same day
Billy decided to go, even if it meant far, far away
To discover the truth, the real, real truth
That happened in the town of Bungeeooth.

It took him two days, one night and six hours
But he didn’t give up, not with his powers
Onward he went to a house that read The Purple Blurble
“I wonder what happened,” Billy said with a burple
But suddenly, out jumped a gruesome little creature with no teeth
He opened his mouth and out came the hideous smell of old, soggy feet.

Billy stepped back and said with a frown
“Please don’t hurt me; I’m new to this town”
“Why have you come, you outsider from town, and why do you have that horrified frown?”
“I am Billy and I have come here to discover
The heartbreaking and sorrowful things I have always wondered
You see, I love creatures no matter how they look
They may be real or imaginary from a book
I was sad when I heard the sorrowful story about the Blurble
That had once lived in this town, they said it was purple.”

“Why Billy, you are right and I am glad to say
I thought no one would bother to care up till this very day
The Blurbles had disappeared, but that was long ago
But I will be kind enough to tell you the story if you really want to know.”

“The Purple Blurbles lived with their family and friends
When all of a sudden their lives came to a woeful end
A colony of Sneezles had invaded their town
With their silky fur coats of white and brown.

The Sneezles took all their belongings and chopped down the trees
Took them home, it wasn’t funny you see
They tore down the Blurbles homes, took all of their food
This all left the Blurbles in a very bad mood
The Sneezles took everything the Blurbles once cared for
The Blurbles couldn’t take the destruction anymore
They couldn’t just leave, as they had no place to go
So they decided to stay, but ended up having a big row
That led to the deaths, the same of their kind
And that is how the Blurbles ended up dying, there’s no more left to find.”

“I’m sorry this all happened, but is there someway I can help?”
“You can spread the story from the north of Ashphen to the south of Welp
Let them all know what really happened and teach them a lesson
That they’ll never forget, my dear boy Nelson”
“It’s Billy, not Nelson, and I’ll try with all my might
Even if it takes me days and nights.

Well thank you for all the help and letting me understand
The importance of all living beings, they each have a role to play like in a marching band
We should assist all of God's creations instead of breaking them apart
I thank you again from deep within my heart.”

Please let me know what you think and if there are any suggestions feel free to tell. More on this short story can be found on my Online Writing Portfolio under The Purple Blurble, Teen Ink, and of course on Islamway Sisters Art from the Heart forum. Enjoy blush

wa alaikumu salam

Last edited by knowledgeseeker08 on Sun Jan 11, 2009 3:46 am; edited 6 times in total
naturedelight09
naturedelight09
Active Sister
Active Sister

Back to top Go down

Post  Aisha Tue Nov 04, 2008 8:54 pm

As-Salaamu alaikum

Welcome

Welcome to The Wonderful Art Garden dear sister Sabrina.
JazakiAllahu khairan for posting your work mashaAllah.
InshaAllah you enjoy your visits here and I look forward to more of your posts. keep up

waSalaamu alaikum,
Aisha
Aisha
Aisha
Administrator
Administrator

Registration date : 2008-10-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Mabsoota Wed Nov 05, 2008 7:14 am

Assalaamu alaykum

MashaAllah sister Sabrina, I didn't realise you were only 15! mashaAllah keep up
Mabsoota
Mabsoota
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post  naturedelight09 Thu Nov 06, 2008 5:57 pm

I am enjoying this forum smile Here's another one of my writing. I wrote this last year in the 9th grade for poetry month. The poem was themed I Am From... I wish I could show how I designed these writings and printed them out blush

I Am From...
My Own Little World!

I Am From…
A vending machine with unlimited supply of candy, chocolate chip cookies, cookies and cream ice-cream, popcorn, and orange soda.
Boxes stacked high with pizza, boston cream doughnuts, and marble cake.

I Am From…
A library of fantasy books full of mystery and adventure waiting for me to join in.

I Am From…
A scrapbook and album full of pictures and memories of the year before.
Friends, classmates, and teachers worth remembering.
Field trip to Pt. Pleasant, the Brownstone, Trenton, and many more.

I Am From…
A vacation traveling to a place with houses all the same and ancient castles made of stone.
Also, being of Southeast- Asian decent with village scenes of boats sailing and people fishing in rivers with cool, fresh air blowing around.
Cities overpopulated with people and transportation.
Rice with chicken, fish, shrimp, beef, or anything else being the main dish eaten.

I Am From…
A family with a father, mother, older sister, and younger brother.
Naughty little cousins in Bangladesh with innocent faces, the cutest of eyes and chubby face, but always looking to play.

I Am From…
My own little world!

Please let me know what you think and if there are any suggestions feel free to tell. More on this poem can be found on my Online Writing Portfolio under I Am From... poem, Teen Ink, and of course on Islamway Sisters Art from the Heart forum. Enjoy blush

wa alaikumu salam

Last edited by knowledgeseeker08 on Sun Jan 11, 2009 3:29 am; edited 1 time in total
naturedelight09
naturedelight09
Active Sister
Active Sister

Back to top Go down

Post  Munaqaba08 Thu Nov 06, 2008 7:03 pm

As-Salaamu alaikum
jazakillahu khayr sis Thumbs Up
one suggestion: maybe you could exchange the word "magic" for another word since magic is not permissible in Islam. I think I know what you mean as far as the wonderful world of books is concerned but I thought maybe there was another word you could use insha'Allah. Barak Allahu feki.

Umm An-Nu'man
Munaqaba08
Munaqaba08
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post  Looli Sat Nov 08, 2008 10:54 pm

Salams..

Welcome knowledgeseeker

My Writing Portfolio Heartrosewel

And i love your poems sis Love ..
Keep it up Thumbs Up !

Wa salam..
Hajer~*
Looli
Looli
Active Sister
Active Sister

Registration date : 2008-10-30

Back to top Go down

Post  naturedelight09 Sun Nov 09, 2008 4:45 am

jazakAllah khair Sisters Umm An-Nu'man and Mabsoota for your suggestions. I will get to them asap. Happy to see sisters enjoying my writing Love. I wrote this next poem for a contest during the summer of 2008 and would like to share it.

So Much to be Thankful For

For the people who don't take the time to think how much they have to be thankful for. A reminder for others as well as myself.

Look at you sitting there on your couch staring at your flat screen TV
Dressed from head to toe with clothes priced high enough to clothe the poor
You live in style yet so much more you desire not even thinking about me (unfortunate ones)
You see, while you sit there you don’t think that you have so much to be thankful for.

You eat till you’re full, you even throw away food
This can be given to charity to feed the poor
But still you’re in a tempered mood
You see, while you sit there you don’t think that you have so much to be thankful for.

You live in a beautiful house with four walls and a roof to cover your head
You raise buildings to the sky where the money can be used to shelter the poor
You’re living in peace and comfort but still you are not satisfied while sleeping in bed

You enjoy holidays and vacations with loving family and friends
While the ones living through deaths are living like the poor
Yet complaining you are bored not thinking when lives will end

You have a body with 5 working senses and everything intact
Which can be used to help the less fortunate who are looked at as the poor
Just to fit in with the crowd you want to change your looks and act

You were born with everything you need to help you be the best in this life and after
Lucky it was you who was given a chance and whose soul didn’t soar
While you’re here, help those who need it the most for them to join in your laughter

Please let me know what you think and if there are any suggestions feel free to tell. More on this poem can be found on my Online Writing Portfolio under So Much to be Thankful For and of course on Islamway Sisters Art from the Heart forum. Enjoy smile

wa alaikumu salam

Last edited by knowledgeseeker08 on Sun Jan 11, 2009 3:30 am; edited 1 time in total
naturedelight09
naturedelight09
Active Sister
Active Sister

Back to top Go down

Post  Zaza Sun Nov 09, 2008 4:15 pm

As Salamu alaikum

Masha Allah I really enjoyed this poem Love

It's so true we have forgetting Allah's numerous blessings upon us.

May we be upon those who remember and are grateful Ameen

Salams
Zaza
Zaza
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Nov 09, 2008 10:05 pm

As-Salaamu alaikum

mashaAllah beautiful poems , Jazakallah khair for sharing sweety Love
alhamdulilah for everything we have. ameen to dua's.

Lots of Love grouphug2

Back to top Go down

Post  Aisha Mon Nov 10, 2008 12:23 am

As-Salaamu alaikum

JazakiAllahu khairan for this special reminder dear sister Sabrina Love
May we be upon those who remember and are grateful Ameen

ameen
waSalaamu alaikum,
Aisha
Aisha
Aisha
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  naturedelight09 Sat Nov 15, 2008 6:13 am

As-Salaamu alaikum

Sorry for the stop in posting. Here's a story I did for English class this year in 10th grade. Some details are from my own "life" but changed a bit sad

What's Wrong With Aisha?

Seven years has passed since the tragic events of September 11, 2001. All throughout TV, the radio, and newspapers memories of that day still live. Immediately after the event fingers were pointed at all Muslims. While in John F. Kennedy high school, senior student Lily had been hearing of countless reminders of that sad day. She noticed the negative behavior towards the Muslim population by other students, even after seven years.

How does she take it? Lily thought to herself.
She was in her ninth period biology class, watching Aisha, a Muslim girl covered in a headscarf and who no one was friends with being jeered at by classmates. People were crowded around her, calling her mean names and making rude comments. Lily heard the word bomb being said more than twice. Aisha just sat their in her seat, head down, and not saying a word. The teacher did nothing about it. This was no news for Lily. She had been watching seven years of hatred being thrown towards Muslims on TV and at school. Her own parents made negative remarks when the word Islam or Muslim was heard. Lily thought differently.

Days passed and still Lily watched Aisha being mistreated. Lily did not get it. People were upset with the 9/11 attacks, but that did not mean all Muslims were bad just because of the ones that hurt others. No wonder there were Muslims who looked depressed. The disrespect they receive is enough to keep anyone feeling down. Two weeks passed since Lily first saw the horrible treatment of Aisha in biology class. One day things had gone too far and Lily could not watch any longer.

Everyone was waiting restlessly in Lily’s biology class for the class to end in ten minutes when all of a sudden, there were gasps coming from two tables to Lily’s right. Someone had pulled down Aisha’s blue headscarf, leaving Aisha stunned and with her scarf down around her neck. Students burst into laughter while Aisha looked tearfully at the teacher for help but did not receive it. She ran out of class cheeks red with embarrassment and wet with tears. Lily had had enough.

“Why would you do something like that?” Lily yelled. She jumped from her seat and glared at Melissa, the girl who had pulled Aisha’s headscarf. Turning to the rest of the class Lily shouted,
“Aisha, has never done anything to you guys or anyone else, even when you treated her like trash. Don’t you think she has feelings which are always hurt by your fluffy? You should all be ashamed of yourselves, even you Mrs. Kimberlin, not helping a student when they really need it.”

Lily’s comment had left her class in shock at having just supported a girl that was “different” in the eyes of people who judge before getting to know someone. Without another word or backward glance at the class, Lily walked out of the room heading to where she thought Aisha might be. She went to the bathroom, finding it empty except for Aisha who was looking out the window and still crying. Aisha turned around when she heard Lily, the first person besides a teacher, talk to her since school opened three weeks ago.

“Hi Aisha. I’m Lily. Sorry for what happened in class.
“Hi, Lily.”
“You must feel terrible with what you have to go through,” Lily said.
“Since 9/11 people treated me like this, like I’m strange, like I’m different. They associate me with terrorists just because I cover my head and am Muslim. They think I’m from the Middle East when I’m really from Kosovo which is in Europe. They don’t even know me. Why do people act like this towards me? I’m tired of it. I didn’t do anything to them,” Aisha said wiping the tears away.
“No, you didn’t. I noticed how brainless we are; people like the ones in our biology class, Mrs. Kimberlin, even my own parents. We have a lot to learn and I would like to be the first person to help,” Lily said.
“We could use more people like you Lily,” Aisha said with a smile.
“Want to come over my house today?”
“I’d like that very much. Thanks.”
“You’re welcome Aisha. Come on. We should get to class before Mrs. Miller pops.”
The two new friends laughed and headed for class.

Please let me know what you think and if there are any suggestions feel free to tell. More on this story can be found on my Online Writing Portfolio under What's Wrong With Aisha? and of course on Islamway Sisters Art from the Heart forum. Enjoy smile

wa alaikumu salam

Last edited by knowledgeseeker08 on Sun Nov 16, 2008 7:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
naturedelight09
naturedelight09
Active Sister
Active Sister

Back to top Go down

Post  Zaza Sat Nov 15, 2008 12:23 pm

As Salamu Alaikum

mashaAllah

Many sisters can relate to this story.

May Allah Bless all the Aishas who showed patience during those early days and bless all the Lilys who stood up for their friends. Ameen

Salams
Zaza
Zaza
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post  Amina Al-Bateeka Sat Nov 15, 2008 8:08 pm

As-Salaamu alaikum

MashaAllah, sis Sabrina. I really enjoyed your poems and your story. I am sorry to hear that somethings in that story are from your own life. Ya Rubb, inshaAllah, for every moment of pain you felt ,if you were jeered at/insulted/mistreated, and you were patient, you will be rewarded immensely.
barakAllahu feeki
Amina Al-Bateeka
Amina Al-Bateeka
Active Sister
Active Sister

Registration date : 2008-11-13

Back to top Go down

Post  naturedelight09 Sat Nov 22, 2008 4:26 am

As-Salaamu alaikum

Lily and Aisha were used as examples wink I wrote this next part this year in 10th grade to go along with the above story. Experiences, thoughts, opinions, etc. are mentioned.
jazakAllah khair Sister Amina Al-Bateeka Love

Muslims Facing Prejudice

Racism and stereotyping towards the majority of Muslims has sadly increased following Sept. 11. Why is it that Muslims become the first victim in mind when it comes to attacks, killings, and even being thought of as enemies? Muslims, who are followers of the religion Islam, are humans just like any other person who is Christian, Jewish, etc. From the expression, “Don’t judge a book by its cover”, we are taught to not judge someone no matter who they are, how they look or what they believe, before we really get to know them. Stereotyping, or placing a set of beliefs towards a group of people based on their religion, nationality, culture, gender, etc. leads to racism.

There are many stereotypes that are pointed to Muslims. One that is referred towards Muslims is: all Muslims are Arabs and all Arabs are Muslims. This is not true. For example, I am Bengali and not Arab, but I am still Muslim. Also, not all Arabs are Muslim. There are Christian and Jewish Arabs all over the world. Another stereotype is that Islam is a strict religion. Everything from why Muslims do not eat pork, do not consume alcohol, women being covered from head to toe, and all other beliefs Muslims follow, are for a good reason. All answers to questions like these and more can be found out online on trusting websites that base there writing on true facts or can be asked to a practicing and well educated Muslim with a great amount of religious knowledge.

Additionally, a well known invalid belief of non-Muslims is that women in Islam are oppressed. The truth is women are not to be mistreated or looked down upon in any way.

How many times have you seen or heard of an abuse towards a Muslim, whether in school, on TV, or read in the newspaper? Being a Muslim myself, I have experienced and/or heard verbal abuse and rude comments and have also experienced and witnessed physical abuse from people who apparently have a problem with Muslims, most of whom they do not know so well.
People also have the nerve to pull down the headscarf (hijab in Arabic) worn by female Muslims, which has unfortunately happened to me too many times. Moreover, in the ninth grade during lunch three apples were thrown at my back, whether the person who threw them, who I had in class and know, didn’t like me for some reason or did that because I couldn’t do anything about it, really got me mad! Do people really think Muslims have no feelings and can be treated unfairly? We are tired of being mistreated.

To sum up racism and stereotyping and to help stop this ongoing situation towards Muslims and towards people of different race and religion, we should basically learn. Learn to understand the truth about each other, our beliefs, our differences and similarities, and try to understand that everyone is equal and alike in more ways than we all think. We all have feelings, were born for a good cause and will all eventually die someday. Before we do something foolish, we should think carefully about what we are about to do and what can happen because of it. Why not help spread peace around the world while we are here. Do your part to help.

Please let me know what you think and if there are any suggestions feel free to tell. More on this story can be found on my Online Writing Portfolio under Muslims Facing Prejudice and of course on Islamway Sisters Art from the Heart forum. Enjoy smile

wa alaikumu salam

Last edited by Aisha on Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:45 am; edited 8 times in total
naturedelight09
naturedelight09
Active Sister
Active Sister

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Nov 22, 2008 6:09 pm

As-Salaamu alaikum

MashaAllah sis, here I am nursing my baby and read all your poems/stories. you are talented and so young friends

May Allah shower over you his mercy an bless you with an eternal life in the highest ranks of Jannah barakAllahu feeki

Back to top Go down

Post  naturedelight09 Thu Nov 27, 2008 5:09 pm

:th_salamwabara

:th_jazakallahu to everyone who commented and for the suggestions. So far these are the writings i have. just wanted to say i understand the reason for changes but people have already read, heard, and looked at my writing for the way it was. i can change it here but it does go off the original piece.

:th_walakumalsa

Last edited by knowledgeseeker08 on Thu Apr 16, 2009 5:16 am; edited 1 time in total
naturedelight09
naturedelight09
Active Sister
Active Sister

Back to top Go down

Post  Zaza Thu Nov 27, 2008 8:39 pm

As Salamu Alaikum

Masha Allah you are talented writer and I look forward to reading more of your writings. smile

You can make a few adjustments to the original before posting them here; keeping the post in line with Islamic teachings. You don't have to change your original when posting your writings elsewhere.

Keep up the good work Thumbs Up
Zaza
Zaza
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post  Munaqaba08 Thu Nov 27, 2008 9:08 pm

waalaikum assalam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh,
dear sister knowledgeseeker08,
jazakillau khayr for your understanding and may Allah accept your efforts. I hope that you will not get discouraged...keep posting insha'Allah. I can tell you from personal experience that having your work edited/reviewed isn't always fun. The two individuals who edit my work are called my "shredders" (kindly of course friends) . Just recently I wrote a short story that I considered one of my better pieces of writing (and I was considering posting it here)...it didn't even make it past the first editor. It was completely shredded....loool. It's still sitting here...a lonely little story...waiting to be fixed (Allahu alim when that will happen... lol ). What I do, and perhaps it might be helpful to you also insha'Allah, is I have a sheikh read my work that may need Islamic guidance and he gives input as well as the editors. This way all who read your work get the benefit of learning about Islam the correct way insha'Allah and you get the reward with Allah insha'Allah. I don't know about changing your original work....if you can in your online portfolio then alhamdulillah...insha'Allah your reward would be with Allah....waAllahu alim. Sis, I do hope you continue to share your work here insha'Allah.

Umm An-Nu'man
Munaqaba08
Munaqaba08
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post  Zaza Fri Nov 28, 2008 4:31 pm

As Salamu Alaikum

Masha Allah very sound advice from one writer to another. Love

I agree with sister Umm An-Nu'man’s point about getting reward if our attempts are Islamically correct.....paintings or writings.

When I started learning computer graphics, I was spending so much time on them and started feeling guilty. Then it struck me to add an Ayah or Hadith to the graphic. Shout

Alhamdulillah, I am still learning about graphics and at the same time sharing them in a beneficial way and keeping within the Islamic teachings.

Don’t feel guilty anymore Alhamdulillah pompoms

Insha Allah you will share more of your writings with us in the Wonderful Art Garden. Hug
Zaza
Zaza
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post  Aisha Sun Dec 14, 2008 8:39 pm

As-Salaamu alaikum

Sorry dear sister Sabrina - I hope that we have not discouraged you with our rules.

We did not actually want a forum with lots of rules but it was not practical. We are still a very new forum mashaAllah so we are still learning about the practicalities.

May Allah ta'aala be pleased with all of the sisters efforts made for His sake.

I look forward to reading more of your posts inshaAllah dear sister Sabrina Love
Aisha
Aisha
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  founder Tue Dec 16, 2008 3:02 am

knowledgeseeker08 wrote:My Writing Portfolio Th_salamwabarakatuhu

My Writing Portfolio Th_jazakallahukhairto everyone who commented and for the suggestions. So far these are the writings i have. just wanted to say i understand the reason for changes but people have already read, heard, and looked at my writing for the way it was. i can change it here but it does go off the original piece.

My Writing Portfolio Th_walakumalsalam

As-Salaamu alaikum

Inshallah you are fine dear sis Sabrina. Ipersonnally apologise to you for the editions because I made the rules Hiding so all moderators will apply them to avoid my wrath cool cool
I absolutely love your writings, like every other sister on this site, so, what you could do (and this is also for all writing sisters including me) , is, when you have some writings that could infrange some rules, is to edit the original yourself and post it with a heading like this : adapted from the original xxxxxx, full version can be found at xxxxx or PM me for it.
Like this, nothing is lost of your meaning.
And what I have done too, is to remove the red ''edited by''....

I hope you will carry on posting your lovely writings. Again, my apologies, we should have made ourselves much clear on this and I could not log on for two weeks.

grouphug2 mashaAllah grouphug2
founder

Registration date : 2008-04-05

Back to top Go down

Post  naturedelight09 Wed Dec 24, 2008 12:41 am

As-Salaamu alaikum

jazakAllah khair to all the sisters who have commented and suggested. im working on some of the changes some sisters have suggested. (one ive done in the purple blurble) just need to think of something to fit in wink inshAllah i will come up with something while on winter break and also have my writings to include something with Islam from now on and doesn't go against anything, religion or rules. wave

wa alaikumu salam

Last edited by knowledgeseeker08 on Sun Jan 11, 2009 3:47 am; edited 3 times in total
naturedelight09
naturedelight09
Active Sister
Active Sister

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next