Easel and Ink -The Wonderful Art Garden For Muslim Sisters
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

knitting&crocheting links

Go down

knitting&crocheting links Empty knitting&crocheting links

Post  Guest Sat Jan 24, 2009 12:34 pm

As-Salaamu alaikum
I was just thinking to share some links with lots of free patterns with you all In sha Allah.
Vogue Knitting

Bernat, require membership

Sugar n´cream, require membership

My only problem is I can't follow any pattern, I just so new to knitting or crocheting
Love

Salaam, Jehan Hug

Back to top Go down

knitting&crocheting links Empty Re: knitting&crocheting links

Post  Zaza Sat Jan 24, 2009 4:13 pm

As Salamu Alaikum

JazakiAllah sister I am sure sisters interested in knitting and crocheting wll find them useful.

wave of smilies
Zaza
Zaza
Staff
Staff

Registration date : 2008-10-29

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Apr 19, 2009 3:34 pm

Assalamu'alaykum,

Jizak'Allah Khair Umm Shuaib for sharing those links with us.

I realize this is a very old post, but still would like to contribute.

Umm Shuaib just wanted to direct you to this site that gives you directions for reading crochet patterns.

http://www.purplekittyyarns.com/info/crochet-pattern-abbreviations.html

Please excuse the ads, I'm not responsible for that site. But because it has a thorough list of crochet abbreviations.

I'd also like to add. Don't feel intimidated(if you are), by that chart. And do not feel like you need to memorize it at one time either.

A sister masha'Allah gave me a very handy tip that helped me to learn reading crochet patterns in an easier fashion instead of having to memorize all of the abbreviations at once.

What you do is, when you have a pattern for a project that you are doing. Take a clean sheet of paper and write the pattern out completely, but instead of writing the crochet abbreviations, just write out the name of the crochet stitch completely along with the pattern.

Here is an example, I have highlighted the written instructions underneath the abbreviated version to give you an idea of what to do.

Ch 56 sts; join with a sl st to first ch, being sure ch is not twisted.

Rnd 1: Ch 1, sc in each ch around; join with a sl st in first sc - 56 sts.

[b]Chain 56 stitches; join with a slip stitch to first chain, being sure chain is not twisted.

Round 1: Chain 1, single crochet in each chain around; join with a slip stitch in first single crochet-56 stitches.

I found it much easier to learn and 'remember' abbreviated terms in this way. And I still don't know all of the terms. But feel more confident going at a pattern al-hamdulillah.

Also another thing you'll notice insha'Allah with most written crochet patterns is, that if there is a stitch that is not a basic stitch used in most projects. It will explain in the pattern itself what the stitch abbreviation means and how to make the stitch in written instructions. This is what I have observed in most patterns I've seen.

I hope that makes sense to everyone.

Back to top Go down

Post  Zaza Sun Apr 19, 2009 9:29 pm

As Salamu alaikum

jazakAllah khair for your instructions. Insha Allah the sisters will find it useful. Love
Zaza
Zaza
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun May 24, 2009 11:14 am

Assalaamu Alaykum,

Umm Shuaib, I haven't been around for a while, but just wondering how you got on with crochet. I used the lionbrand websites to learn and there are plenty of youtube videos too. In sha Allah I will put a list of links together and post then on my baby (new) blog: Fruitful Fusion

Back to top Go down

Post  Zaza Sun May 24, 2009 12:01 pm

As Salamu alaikum

Masha Alalh you blog is very nice and informative sister Umm Haajar.

Jazakallahu Khairan for sharing the link.
Zaza
Zaza
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jun 14, 2009 2:23 am

Alaykum Salam, I bought all the things to learn to knit and then i realized I could not do it. I was so sad bc I really wanted to learn this.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down