Easel and Ink -The Wonderful Art Garden For Muslim Sisters
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New to knitting

3 posters

Go down

New to knitting Empty New to knitting

Post  Umm_Khidr Thu Nov 12, 2009 3:07 pm

As'salaamu Alaykunna

Insha allah can anyone direct me to something that would help a beginner knitter? My daughter would like to begin learning, insha allah.Barakallahu Feeki

Umm Khidr
Umm_Khidr
Umm_Khidr
Getting active
Getting active

Registration date : 2009-10-08

Back to top Go down

New to knitting Empty Re: New to knitting

Post  Zaza Thu Nov 12, 2009 4:04 pm

As Salamu Alaikum

I don't know much about knitting. blush

Insha Allah one of the other sisters will help you soon. Love
Zaza
Zaza
Staff
Staff

Registration date : 2008-10-29

Back to top Go down

Post  Mabsoota Fri Nov 13, 2009 9:51 am

As-Salaamu alaikum

My girls have recently started knitting mashaAllah. I taught them both the knit and pearl stitch. They don't know how to cast on or off yet though, I thought it might confuse them, so I did that for them. You can find tutorials how to cast on/off, and the stitches I mentioned at places like You Tube and Video Jug. It's always better to watch someone doing it rather than read about it inshaAllah. A scarf would be a wonderful project to start off with as it's simple to do. Also getting thicker needles and chunky wool will get the project completed faster inshaAllah, as kids do tend to get a bit bored with all the repeating they have to do. wink All the best.
Mabsoota
Mabsoota
Staff
Staff

Registration date : 2008-10-29

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Nov 13, 2009 6:15 pm

Alaykum Salam, I wanted to learn how to crochet so bad. I went and bought so much stuff in the states a year ago and it was in a huge bag in our old place and now I can not find it anywhere. I think it got threw away :( and I never got to use it so sad :(...

I would love to crochet or knit inshAllah one day..

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down