Easel and Ink -The Wonderful Art Garden For Muslim Sisters
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Crafty Arts

4 posters

Go down

Crafty Arts Empty Crafty Arts

Post  Mabsoota Tue Mar 24, 2009 5:29 am

As-Salaamu alaikum

Last Saturday I had an Arts and Crafts stall at a Flea Market arranged by some of my friends. It was held in the open at a nearby nursery mashaAllah. On display were paintings, felt bags, felt cookies for play food, niqaabi dolls, bookmarks, trinket boxes plus more! Here are some pictures to give you an idea what the stall looked like. It was a fun day for myself and especially my children mashaAllah.

This is the stall before any serious selling took place (I think I'd sold a couple of bookmarks and a bag of play doh hehe )
Crafty Arts Picture254

Close up of the felt gift bags mashaAllah
Crafty Arts Picture260

The felt cookies which sold pretty well. Lol, some people thought they were real at first glance!!
Crafty Arts Picture259

Felt niqaabi dolls. ( I eventually took one out of its bag as sisters weren't noticing them, plus they could handle it, examine it etc.
Crafty Arts Picture258

Wooden Boxes which I bought cheap and bare from a cheapo store. I decorated them with acrylics. Sold all except the orange one which now belongs to my son btw, lol. They were quite popular.
Crafty Arts Picture257

The Bookmarks (these were also popular plus cheap, lol! The ones in the front had scrapbooking stickers on them, the patterned ones at the back were made up from beautiful japanese paper which I'd bought at uni all those many moons ago and I never found a purpose for them until now subhanallah!)
Crafty Arts Picture256

Another angle of the stall where you can see the canvases I made. The one at the bottom with the masjid was sold very quickly mashaAllah and I've an order to make a smaller version for a sister mashaAllah. The wall hangings can also be seen in this photo on the table.
Crafty Arts Picture255

pompoms Hope you enjoyed the pics! pompoms
Mabsoota
Mabsoota
Staff
Staff

Registration date : 2008-10-29

Back to top Go down

Crafty Arts Empty Re: Crafty Arts

Post  Zaza Tue Mar 24, 2009 11:31 am

As Salamu Alaikum

Masha Allah lovely pictures. mashaAllah so many beautiful pieces.

I love flea markets having been to one in ages.......seems like a million years hehe

I'm sure your children had a great time.

My favorite are the wooden boxes Love
Zaza
Zaza
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post  Munaqaba08 Tue Mar 24, 2009 3:49 pm

wa alaikumu salam

Masha Allah I was hoping you would post the pictures. Jazakallahu Khairun

Everything just looks wonderful Masha Allah

It looks like it must have been an excellent day Insha Allah

I think my favs are the felt cookies (I've got a sweet tooth that knows no boundaries hehe but I think felt might be where I draw the line hehe). But they do look wonderful masha'Allah.
Munaqaba08
Munaqaba08
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post  Looli Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:59 pm

Salams..

Oh masha'Allah i love everything! and it looks really nice. Love

Wa salam..
Hajer~*
Looli
Looli
Active Sister
Active Sister

Registration date : 2008-10-30

Back to top Go down

Post  Mabsoota Fri Apr 17, 2009 5:35 am

As-Salaamu alaikum

jazakAllah khair sisters. It was a really fun experience and all the hard worked payed off. My kids helped me alot and enjoyed the atmosphere immensely. I'd love to do it again!! inshallah

Love
Mabsoota
Mabsoota
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun May 24, 2009 11:30 am

Assalaamu Alaykum,

I know this was a while ago but it looks wonderful! Ma sha Allah! Whereabouts was this sis? I'd love to set up a craft flea market. I'd have to get a bunch of sisters together though! Anyone here in Jeddah??? :)

Back to top Go down

Post  Mabsoota Sun May 24, 2009 1:43 pm

Assalaamu alaykum

Not sure if anyone here is in Jeddah sis.
This particular Flea Market was in the Emirates. A group of sisters arranged to hold the Flea Market in the grounds of a local nursery. They gave out flyers both in english and arabic, at schools, shops etc. It was a fun day mashaAllah! There were a variety of stalls, food, second hand clothing, jewellery making, booksellers, promotional stalls too mashaAllah.
Mabsoota
Mabsoota
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jun 13, 2009 2:07 pm

Alaykum Salam,

I wish they did more things like this in Riyadh. I love stuff like this. But of course women never can do anything like this :(... And the stuff they do sell is the same thing in the stores here so no new creative things like this. I LOVE things like this....mashAllah.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down