Easel and Ink -The Wonderful Art Garden For Muslim Sisters
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Making a Graphic (perhaps an avatar or siggy) in Paint

3 posters

Go down

Making a Graphic (perhaps an avatar or siggy) in Paint Empty Making a Graphic (perhaps an avatar or siggy) in Paint

Post  Aisha Sat Mar 14, 2009 2:48 pm

As-Salaamu alaikum

You may like to try out the Paint programme that is usually found in Windows--> Accessories to make your own personalized avatar or signature.
Open the Paint programme by clicking on your Windows start menu --> all programmes --> Accessories ----> Paint

Choose the size of your graphic. --> Click on Image ---> Attributes
Making a Graphic (perhaps an avatar or siggy) in Paint Th_PaintImageAttributes
For an avatar some forums have a limit of avatar size 80x80 pixels but here in the Art Garden the max size is approx 150 x 150 pixels

Making a Graphic (perhaps an avatar or siggy) in Paint Th_PaintImageAttributes02

For ease of use you can click on View -->Zoom and choose Custom and at least 400x magnification --> also choose 'Show Grid' and you can add blocks of colour of your own choice and design (similar to making a mosaic). If you want to add text to your design, such as your name then it is easier to add that first before zooming in inshaAllah.
The grid will dissappear when you revert back to normal size.

Making a Graphic (perhaps an avatar or siggy) in Paint Th_PaintImageAttributes03

InshaAllah I will try to add some pics to this tutorial when I have more time available.

Please also visit the help menu in the Paint programme as this has loads of info for you to learn more and understand the programme more easily.Most importantly, have fun while you're doing so inshaAllah computer05 wave

WaSalaamu alaikum,
Aisha pinkteacup

Last edited by Aisha on Thu Mar 19, 2009 12:34 am; edited 2 times in total
Aisha
Aisha
Administrator
Administrator

Registration date : 2008-10-28

Back to top Go down

Making a Graphic (perhaps an avatar or siggy) in Paint Empty Re: Making a Graphic (perhaps an avatar or siggy) in Paint

Post  Zaza Sun Mar 15, 2009 2:46 pm

As Salamu Alaikum

Masha Allah this is cool sister Aisha. Shout

barakAllahu feeki

lilacflower  Making a Graphic (perhaps an avatar or siggy) in Paint Dhikr012   lilacflower  

Zaza
Zaza
Staff
Staff

Registration date : 2008-10-29

Back to top Go down

Making a Graphic (perhaps an avatar or siggy) in Paint Empty Re: Making a Graphic (perhaps an avatar or siggy) in Paint

Post  Aisha Sun Mar 15, 2009 5:12 pm

As-Salaamu alaikum

Wa feeki barakAllah
I am glad that you think so dear sis zaza
InshaAllah the sisters can benefit smile Love

Making a Graphic (perhaps an avatar or siggy) in Paint ArtGardenSisters
Aisha
Aisha
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  founder Tue Mar 17, 2009 10:47 pm

Assalamou aleikoum wa rahmatoullah wa barakatou

ha ha, she asks: can we see an example of this hehe ?
founder

Registration date : 2008-04-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Mar 18, 2009 10:30 pm

I am waiting on pics to help :)

Back to top Go down

Post  Aisha Thu Mar 19, 2009 12:37 am

As-Salaamu alaikum

I have edited my first post to add a few pics. Click on the images to see them full size inshaAllah.
I will add more when I get the time inshaAllah. smile
Please let me know if you get on okay with the instructions so far.

WaSalaamu alaikum,
Aisha
Aisha
Aisha
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Aisha Thu Mar 26, 2009 10:05 pm

As-Salaamu alaikum

Well i have been dabbling around in the paint programme and this is a flower icon that i have made. It is based on a design of a flower from the Peachies Collection.
Making a Graphic (perhaps an avatar or siggy) in Paint Aishaflower
This was made with the image attributes 25 pixels width by 50 pixels height. Because it is such a small image then you need to choose the maximum zoom 800x magnification and also 'show grid' as a guide.

If you save my flower image to your computer and open it in the paint programme you can see what i mean inshaAllah. I opened two separate Paint windows (side by side) so that i could work on my own flower whilst at the same time using a reference image also on high magnification.

Here's a screen shot (please click on the image to view it full size):
Making a Graphic (perhaps an avatar or siggy) in Paint Th_Aishaflowertutorial

Who else is going to have a go? it doesn't have to be complicated - think of it as a beautiful mosaic made up of coloured tiles. cool computer05
WaSalaamu alaikum,
Aisha
Aisha
Aisha
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Aisha Thu Mar 26, 2009 10:36 pm

As-Salaamu alaikum

Here is an avatar (150 x 150 px) I have just made in the Paint programme:
Making a Graphic (perhaps an avatar or siggy) in Paint Paintavatar
Aisha
Aisha
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Zaza Fri Mar 27, 2009 6:24 pm

As Salamu Alaikum

Masha Allah the Avatar looks cool

Paint is not one of my favorite programs so I will pass on this. hehe

lilacflower  Making a Graphic (perhaps an avatar or siggy) in Paint Dhikr012   lilacflower  

Zaza
Zaza
Staff
Staff

Registration date : 2008-10-29

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down